My 81 xs build

Got pistons, sprockets and some other goodies from mikesxs. New tires came the same day. Cylinders are at the shop getting bored so I'll be ready to build in about a week
68af636d.jpg

643daf21.jpg

Got my wheels painted they were hard to get a good pic of but they look sick in person. The color is synergy green from the 2010 camaro.

5b487717.jpg

2d7a53fc.jpg

7b6a1bd0.jpg

729b06af.jpg

1d78fdc3.jpg

8757618e.jpg

Painted my engine covers satin black and did the letters green
93c5fcc6.jpg

Got my tires mounted last night and wheels are back on the bike!
6a5b6469.jpg

3664febe.jpg

d2263f03.jpg

Added some color to the head too
83a932f2.jpg

Engine should be all assembled tonight and hopefully back in the bike. Then I'll put the chain on and it's all down hill from here wee!

:yikes: Kawasaki green on a Yamaha?:wtf:....Eh, :shrug: why not...:laugh:

You had to go find a picture to prove me wrong :) Just finished putting my motor back together it's going in the frame tomorrow! I cleaned almost every single nut and bolt on this motor. Still need to order the pamco and jets for the carbs but it's getting closer to looking like a bike now

f5b08584.jpg

New idea for an electronics tank
410e9bc3.jpg

Bike is getting close! Seat, rear fender, gas tank and foot pegs are all mounted. Still need to finish welding welding everything and make my electronics tank. Here's some pics. I'm using an 06 raptor 350 master cylinder
22074a78.jpg

ceaa9b9f.jpg

8b8ab3e5.jpg

5b43ba95.jpg

9968468d.jpg

fabf08e0.jpg

a6a06030.jpg

Made some more progress on the bike. Mounted my rear fender and chain tensioner and got the new jets in the carbs. If all goes well I should be hearing it run next weekend. Still waiting on exhaust
785cf344.jpg

cb372bb8.jpg

0859d866.jpg

Well the bike is nearly complete now. All that's left is oil in the forks, wrap and install the pipes and do all the wiring and it will be ready to ride! Here's some pics
Bought a rich phillips seat. It was kinda $$$ but very very nice quality seat
985eb140.jpg

resurfaced and drilled my rotor
345611e3.jpg

6c56e7c3.jpg

Shaved my forks
1e3286b1.jpg

and finally painted the frame, tank and fender
4b643a0d.jpg

a90b7a98.jpg

c467a947.jpg

52a0d7b2.jpg

Going to add flames or something to the tank and rear fender but that will come over the winter time. I need time to look at it and figure out what I want to do. I know it's probably not every ones style but what do you think? Not to bad for a first build?

Last edited:
Simple, clean....lotsa green!! Could maybe use somethin to break up the green on the tank and fenders. Be proud of your work!! (Oh, and Im jealous of your paint booth, been stuck in a side draft for a year before I realized the shop owner was lying about upgrading the shop so I quit!)

Already started another 'tailed 650??

Craig

Other bike belongs to bradical.

Here's a video it runs! taking it in the morning for inspection so I can get my plates. Still needs alittle carb tuning I'll tinker with it throughout the week
th_6392aa6a.jpg

WOW, Very very nice. Ill be honest and say i wasent a fan of the green when it was on the rim by it self... but the final product is stunning. WOW, Outstanding job.

Ive build several of these.... Im doing my first one now with rims, I've always used spokes.... thanks for giving me a few ideas.

I would also like to say that your video is probably the first video with sound that sounds like a motorcycle.

That's funny it's the first video I have shot with my Iphone. So far I have put about 4 miles on it just cruising around the neighborhood trying to tune the carbs. Noticed that around 3000-3500 rpms the gas tank is vibrating and hitting on the frame so I'm going to use some rubber (old inner tube) tomorrow and see if I can fix it. Other than that it's almost ready to go.

Back