My Garage

Just keep a bottle of Ford diff friction modifier handy. Open that up when you want to get rid of the guests. :)

If you get lonely, just light one of these. They will come.
two-stroke-candle2.jpg

Two Stroke Smoke Candle

I've never had a desire to buy a candle in my life, till now

I'm with Exploding - I feel like Dick Cavett - now I've got to go and pick out new towels and bedding and buy a murse too....and after that, start a shoe collection.

Pete

I'm with Exploding - I feel like Dick Cavett - now I've got to go and pick out new towels and bedding and buy a murse too....and after that, start a shoe collection.
Pete

Hi Pete,
a candle is part of the car's winter survival kit, I keep a few candles about the house in case the power goes out and buy the big fat ones to melt down and mix with hamster bedding to make firelighters.
However, I've never had the urge to rush out and buy towels, bedding or a murse (and WTF is a murse, eh? and would I want one if I knew?)
Yes to the shoe collection but it belongs to my wife. I have 4 pairs of shoes appropriate to the season and still wear the zipback riding boots I bought back in the 1980s

If you get lonely, just light one of these. They will come.
two-stroke-candle2.jpg

Two Stroke Smoke Candle
Jeez Marty,
time was a real man would heat a cast-iron frypan on a camp stove and drip Castrol R into it to make that smell.
Do they have to poofterize everything?

My dear Frederick:

A murse is a man's purse....you often see them hanging on the shoulder of young twits driving highly polished black BMWs while playing crummy music much too loudly.

My dear Frederick:
A murse is a man's purse....you often see them hanging on the shoulder of young twits driving highly polished black BMWs while playing crummy music much too loudly.
Hi Laddie,
ye mean it's like a wee sporran on a strap?
Mind you, now that I'm attempting to join the 21st Century by owning a cell phone perhaps such an item would be a place to carry the damned thing?
What with my billfold in one pocket and my change and keys in t'other there's no room in my jeans for it.
And wearing multi-pocketed cargo pants just to carry a cell phone just ain't on.
I dunno where my son carries his cell phone, neither.
He comes in the house carrying it and puts it down anywhere that's handy.
Although he tends to leave it here when he goes home.
Then he calls it on his wife's cell phone to ask where he left it.
And his memory is WAY better than mine.
I need to carry mine at all times.
Perhaps a belt pouch and a retaining cord like a biker's set of keys?

Last edited:
Now Pete, if you're going hipster on us with a murse and fancy shoe collection you're going to have to complete the look with a man bun eh?

Needless to say Robin - a man-bun is de rigeur for the up-to-date hipster @sshole the world over. I have already started to grow out my mop and started to shop for a 1-series Beemer....

...and as for your Fred, my prairie pal - a cell phone? Holy cow, what's next? Cable TV? A toaster oven? Geeezzz man - stick with us - do not join the Dark Side - please!

All seriousness aside folks - what is the world coming to? I long for the days when men were men and motorcycles were vertical twins and not these hideous transformer-looking fuel ⛽️ injected plastic thingys that may go like hell, but sound like blenders or some power-tool intended for use in a lady's boudoir.

Adventure bike my ass!! When I ride baby - every mile, every day - is an adventure - no matter what I am riding!

...ok, every kilometre - I am Canadian afteralll.

Back