My on the cheap bobber build thread.

Hey John, don't sell the XS. Tuck her away and get another one! My GS and XS get along very well together! Pity two woman wouldn't do the same! :)
I'm looking for another one to start my Cafe build!

Yeah, it was a good ride Carbon.:bike: I did notice some oil leaking from the side of the head again, I'll be checking it today.
I would like to Paul, but I think my wife would kick me out of the house if I did!:laugh:
Although the XS is a smaller bike and wouldn't take too much room...:D

That's right she don't take up much room.
Keep her clean n running she will go up in value. IMO of course. :)
You have to get the wife to make you keep all your toys. :wtf:
Now we have to figure out how to do that. :laugh:

That's what I've done! I answer by saying "of course there's only one bike in there, I only have one arse" followed very quickly by "where would you like to eat tonight" :)

That sounds like a good way to go there Paul.:D
The Kawasaki fell through I'm sad to say,the dealer didn't get anything done for me so we let her go. 6 weeks is way too long to wait for someone to fail ya.:wtf: Oh well, not the only one out there. I've got a kitchen remodel to do and that will get these cabinets out of the garage so I'll have more room for a new toy.:thumbsup:

Paul u should ask y she needs all those shoes she only got to feet lol
John hide it at the shop u work at and tell her u sold it to yr boss lol

Oh Guys, that would be too easy!:laugh: I've had this kitchen project looming for awhile now, just better get er done.:D
Besides she doesn't have that many shoes...

i think your bike turned out awesome. i have read through the whole thing and it was quite the trip it seems with many turns in your life while it was happening, i am sorry for the loss of your step mom and more recently your father. my prayers for you and your family.
you did a hell of a job on your bike and hopefully i can do close to as good on mine.

Thank you warbird, I appreciate that man.
Get a build thread up and lets see some pics.
Got to go for a little ride today and the bike ran good.:bike: She runs right at 4200rpm's at 60 mph. Had a dude follow me home to ask about her and BS for awhile. Nice to have that happen.:thumbsup: I don't know if I got a sign on my helmet or what, but damn them Harley riders. I get no respect from a bunch of them here in town. I shouldn't give a crap, but it gets to a guy after awhile.:wtf:
It must be my pink feathers or something.:D

You rookie riders, make me :laugh: :wink2:
look at it like this, Do hard core Chevy guys like Fords?
Do hard core Ford guys like chevys?
Now do those guys wave each other?
The way that I look at it, if they don't wave back at me they are just to dumb to realize just how cool I am. :D
If You think Harley guys don't like you on your bike, wait till you ride a sport bike. :laugh:
Your much rarer XS is much cooler than most 99% of the Harleys.
I just wait to see if the Harley guy waves at me first most of the time, before I give them a wave.

Ok, Ok. I let it get to me.:laugh:
I'll just start doing what you said and wait for the wave, if no wave then so be it.
Having to much fun riding my 35 year old bike anyways.:bike:
I might have to get rid of the pink feathers though...:D
I'll get some pics of her this weekend for an update.

Ok, Ok. I let it get to me.:laugh:
I'll just start doing what you said and wait for the wave, if no wave then so be it.
Having to much fun riding my 35 year old bike anyways.:bike:
I might have to get rid of the pink feathers though...:D
I'll get some pics of her this weekend for an update.

I see it this way. Am I having fun? Am I enjoying myself? Yes to both!! So, are YOU enjoying your ride and having fun??! So FUCK 'EM! They the ones losing out!:bike::doh:

John, I've had a few guys not wave recently too...but I'm a Harley guy myself so it really irritates me even more that some of them are that pretentious and give the rest of us a bad name. Even among Harley guys they'll turn their noses up at sportsters too because after all they're just a "girls bike."

At the same time though, I've had plenty of Harley and non Harley guys alike crane neck as I drive by...but I don't know if they're admiring my handy work or just trying to figure out what the hell it is I'm riding!!!!

Back