My on the cheap bobber build thread.

I've heard the Sportster being a "girls bike" comment too and thought, what the hell!
How's your bike running out for you dilbone?
I'm gonna take mine out and get a couple of shot's today and get a ride in too.

Yeah we got railroad cars, why?...
Oh, I'll try and get some Professional quality pics for ya Carbon.
Just got to wait for the wife to get home from work.

Last edited:
Well crap man! I was wondering what the hell you were talking about, we have train tracks two blocks down and one block up. HA HA!

I got some pics of the bike today.
I didn't see any box cars either... There are usually good long lines of them on the side rails here.
My new battery strap that I "found" laying around the house.
IMG_5981_zps9ca0d388.jpg

IMG_5983_zps5b35d0fc.jpg

The new rear tire.
IMG_5982_zpseadbc339.jpg

IMG_5984_zps038d42aa.jpg

And a side shot of her now.
IMG_5985_zps49735d20.jpg

Thanks man! I'm pretty sure it was my son's from awhile back.:laugh:
I just noticed how low she looks in the grass. I guess I better get ta mowing tomorrow.:D

Last edited:
I noticed that my idle was climbing after riding for awhile. I checked it over and when I grabbed the carbs I could change the idle!:wtf: Really weird.
I'll get out and pull the carbs and check the boots for cracks.
If they check out I'll pull them and change out the gaskets.
I'm sure I'm getting some air from somewhere.

Well I pulled the carb boots and they have some small surface cracks, nothing through.Not bad for some 35 year old rubber parts.:thumbsup:
Installed new gaskets and so far that seemed to do the job.:D
Anybody have an opinion on the JBM boots?
I'm off to go on another ride.:bike:

Oh you lucky SOB!... I mean yes, I would like an Egyptian leather belt my dear friend.:D
You go have your fun and adventure brother.:laugh:
Thank you Paul.
I just got back from a ride and I ran the crap out of her. Hit 65mph... yes I'm a wuss!:laugh:
I did run her up in the rpm's. 5500 is all I care to wind her up to.If I had the money,I'd like to try a rephase on her.
She's good for around town and on the back roads around here.:bike:
I will be pulling the engine this winter to reseal the top end and install a new cam chain with the front guide. I'll buy a Yamaha guide for piece of mind, the reviews on the mikesxs guide I have aren't encouraging.
I pulled the plugs and they looked good.

Back