My Street Tracker project

Started wiring mods today. Eliminated unneeded wire and components. What a mess. Just think some cute little Japanese gal probably wrapped all that tape pile around the wires with such pride!

wire2.jpg

wire1.jpg

bucket1.jpg

tape1-1.jpg

Nice looking build.

Yep there's a shit load of needless wiring in these things.

Mine will be, shall we say, simplistic. (ignition circuit, kill switch, horn and stop lamp)

Cut a hole in the seat cowl, to make fuse access possible {if needed} without removing the cowl. Reason is the front mount tab goes under the gas tank. Just put a piece of wire loom around the opening for now.

fuseopen6.jpg

fuseopen3.jpg

fuseopen5.jpg

Fuse's are not hooked up, just in there for the pic.

Debating using this headlight/number plate. It's off a Honda XR/XL bike. Not sure which. Headlight is a little smaller than I thought when I bought it on e-bay. Also its only meant for a 6 volt bulb, so the bulb mount doesn't match normal h4 plugs. That would have to be modded, and it's also plastic. The H4 buld may melt it. Gonna think on this one. Opinions welcome.
plate2.jpg

plate1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Started doing some mods to the battery box today. I intend to use a Shorai LFX14L2-BS12. Based on there website measurements, it will fit in the box, laying down with room to spare.
shoreibatt.jpg

In this modded battery box. The cardboard is a template for some 1/8 flat stock
Battbox11.jpg

Battbox12.jpg

Battbox13.jpg

I'm going to mount the Vr115 regulator,Radio Shack rectifiers {more trimming to do on the aluminum plate}, and the 2 safety relays on the bottom of the box, under the battery. I'll weld mount studs to the steel plate. The box will get some more final trimming.

Battbox14.jpg

Battbox15.jpg

Battbox17.jpg

Battbox16.jpg

There will be 1/4 to 1/2 inch air clearance between the battery tray bottom and the electrical components. Any advice welcome

Box has bottom plate welded on. Shorai battery installed laying down. Hold down bar made from scrap. Batt is currently shimmed with rubber pads left over from light bar install on squad cars.

Last edited:
Cleaned up the wiring a little more. The vr115, Radio Shack rectifiers, and safety relays all mounted to studs under the shortened battery box.

wiring6.jpg

wiring5.jpg

wiring1.jpg

wiring2.jpg

wiring3.jpg

wiring7.jpg

wiring8.jpg

wiring9.jpg

Last edited:
Nice job, new loom?

Dave, do you mean the actual black plastic loom? Yes all the black corrugated loom is new. That needs to be finished and some t's added. If you mean the wiring itself, new only for what I changed. I cut back all the wring and soldered/heat shrunk all connections.

Well I won this tank on ebay. Aluminum. Hope the blue paint isn't hiding anything. It's the same tank Mule use's on some of his beautiful builds. Hoping it's a relatively easy install.

dttank.jpg

Still debating a fibergalls dirt track style from here:

http://grandprixspeedworks.com/Home_Page.html

Dave nice tank,,,been trying to source one over here in the United Kingdom they are pretty rare so if you change your mind on the tank I would be interested in it.

Leslie

Back