My Street Tracker project

It is nice to see that you still, have the energy and motivation to have remained active in your hobbies; I'm hoping I'll re-kindle an old spark again, maybe, someday, sort of . . I'm hopin' you'll keep this thread updated as this project progresses ... for those friends that are interested but don't venture far from the farm anymore.

Nothing new. Sled season has taken over for a while. Leslie I'll think about that tank going "over the pond"

Cheers Dave ,,its not as difficult as you think I have posted to Oz and eastern europe.

I am trying to acheive the look below Tank wise I am also taking idea's of Dave Deweys build (Pregrid)

mulexs650.jpg
[/IMG]

Leslie

Racerdave, are the Omars pipes in your pics painted or plated? If painted what did you use? Thanks! Mitch

Plow, they are ceramic coated from Omar's.

I'd like to introduce a longtime old friend above, MyKeeGee. I allways liked flattrackers, but he lived the dream, and had the balls to put that left foot in a shoe and stick it down on the dirt, crank the bars and go WFO. Thats him in his avy, racing "Spud". Nice to see you here G. Here's to ya
flagman.gif

Last edited:
Plow, they are ceramic coated from Omar's.

I'd like to introduce a longtime old friend above, MyKeeGee. I allways liked flattrackers, but he lived the dream, and had the balls to put that left foot in a shoe and stick it down on the dirt, crank the bars and go WFO. Thats him in his avy, racing "Spud". Nice to see you here G. Here's to ya
checkeredflag.gif
checkeredflag.gif

Are there pics here? I don't see them.

RacerDave, Thanks for the compliment and kind words, but let's not misrepresent my Flattrackin' participation; I was just, one of the many, Amateur Flattrack competitors that were / are passionate and enthusiastic about the sport, and loved participating. The real, Flattrackers that deserve the praise are the Pros; handlebar to handlebar at 130 mph on the Mile. I'd like to offer my praise of RacerDave and his skill and knowledge and ingenuity at building and restoring projects from motorcycles to snowmobiles; you do mighty, fine work RacerDave.

Don't sell yourself short there G buddy. Amateur or not, doesn't change the hard work,time, and money involved to do what you did and loved. I know, I just lasted 6 seconds or so, and didn't turn left till the race was over.

Load that thing up and come up to Elkhorn, WI, Walworth County Fairgrounds tomorrow; 9am Sign Up. Neal and I will be up there, weather permitting.

You f -in bone head. I just made plans to pick the camper up 3 miles from you, at Walker's tomorrow! WTF!

The least you could do is stop by here on the way home. Ain't like either of you gotta get up for work monday.I suppose you are going up 39 or 47 and over, not my way up.

Regardless, great to hear you are gettin back in the saddle and that Wheel is going also.

Last edited:
Oops :doh::(:banghead:. I had found Neal to go with me, he may go to most, if not all, of my events with me. I jus' figured you most, likely had something going on. I jus', came her to check out your StreetTracker project and then, thought of mentioning about the half mile; as of now it's a 70% chance we're gonna get rained out, anyway. IL Rt. 47, yep. .... possibly, Circleville, OH May 12 & 13, AMA DirtTrack Grand Championships' Springfield Mile May 29, Half Mile June 1. I'll send ya' a Microsoft Word Document file of my tentative schedule.

Back