My Street Tracker project

He loves to talk, don't he?

Yes. Good info, but we talked so much I forgot at the bottom of my list I needed a clutch side cover gasket, and now I'll pay shipping on that only from somewhere, because I've got oil dripping! It's nice to have a clutch that release's now though.

sure looks like it is getting real, close to being ready for a Dirt Track.

You putting out feelers for a ride?! This old 650 would be tame compared to your 6's hp output!

Last edited:
More work. Now with the Champion tank from GrandPrix Speedworks I've got a gap between it and Omars seat/cowl setup.

032.jpg

Dave,
My Omar's seat cushion is for the standard tank and now I have fitted a XS750 tank and the cushion is too long

Is your seat cushion for the standard tank or Omar's tank.

Mine is brand new and we could do a swap if mine is longer than yours

Leslie

I'll have my wife contact your significant other? I've never been told mine is short. Oh, wait the seat. my Omars seat is for the oem Yammie tank.

Spent some time removing the original tank mounts, and making some new ones. Moved the tank back closer to the seat. More steering neck peeking out, but I like the seat/tank junction much better.
007.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

Got the Mikuni's on, no fuel yet, waiting on different petcocks.

008.jpg

If you look close in the above pic, you can see Metalcrafters top engine mount peeking out under the tank. It gives a little more room and is nicely made.

Was really talking about the mufflers, You had mentioned "Mufflers are better, but still not what I would like". Just wondering what you had in mind?

Yes. Good info, but we talked so much I forgot at the bottom of my list I needed a clutch side cover gasket, and now I'll pay shipping on that only from somewhere, because I've got oil dripping! It's nice to have a clutch that release's now though.

You putting out feelers for a ride?! This old 650 would be tame compared to your 6's hp output!
Not looking for a ride; thinking that I got a 'shoe' that we could make fit you; Vintage Flat Track is awful, popular.

My performance this season shows that I did not use the power of that 600 Rotax this season, anyway. I am still, glad that I participated, though; and I am hoping that I improve in 2013.

Your Street Tracker is looking good; nice job. ... No Maxxis for the front?

Hey G, I can read between the lines. You are right, it needs that Maxxis on the front also to look correct. I bought those Shinko's right away, because they were low cost, and Matt was going to learn to ride on this bike. Well that never came to be. I'm going to replace the mags with spokes and new aluminum shouldered rims, front and rear. I think they will just look more period correct. Debating on whether to powder coat the hubs black or polish them out? Smart money is to add the front Maxiss then. Can you relace and true a wheel?

Are you going to Ohio?

Back