My Street Tracker project

I can't relace and true a wheel; I'd have someone who does it often do the job. I personally, would probably, send mine off to Colorado to Dave Durelle; I'm sure you'll find someone locally to do the job.

Not attending Marion, OH half mile; they ran today and also, run tomorrow. I'll see what next season has to offer.

Mounted the Radian swingarm this weekend. Pretty simple really. Now a longer chain is needed, need to weld a brake stay pivot on the top of the arm, and now the shocks are angled back even farther. Longer shocks are needed, or the license plate/taillight mount has to go.
radianarm3.jpg

radianarm2.jpg

radianarm4.jpg

radianarm5.jpg

Last edited:
No other builds planned. A long way to go with this one yet. Frame cleanup and powdercoat. Wire wheels front and rear. Something different with the headlight. 700cc, and shell cam,with 5th gear overdrive maybe? Kenny Roberts paint scheme.

Last edited:
This thread needs an update! Knock the dust off and get this thing moving Dave. That damned Trump shouldn't get all your love.

Ok, Ok. Just went out in the hand me down shed and wiped her off. Tickled the carb's, that's for you old guys, {Ok, I really just turned the fuel taps on and pulled the enrichners on}, turned on the key and she fired right up. Fiddled with those enrichners and she settled into a nice idle. Went and watered my tomatoes while she purred away at idle. She did sound good and got me thinking about doing a few small things. For those that may be wondering, this is why my tracker project has been pushed aside:

2008 Triumph Bonneville. 3250 miles when I bought her back in early June.

Last edited:
A bit Envious of your motivation and your dedication;, a couple of regrets, when makin' my bed, and for caring to jus', lay around in it;, Nice new, acquisition to your toy box, Racer. Nice work on that Yamaha 650 DT street tracker. . . . . "TilSno" ... Later Racer. ;)

Now thats what Im talking about, looking sharp.:thumbsup:

Where did you get those pipes? ceramic coated? I like em.

Bryan

Hey G get on that bike and ride up here. It was great to see you. Bryan, Carbon, thanks for the compliments. The pipes are Omar's 1/2 mile pipes. He sent them out for the silver ceramic coating before shipping them to me.

No where near finished. I did change my tanks rear mount. The seat cowl can now be removed without taking of the tank first. The Radian swingarm also has the rear caliper's stay arm welded onto the arm. No more rope holding the caliper in place!
Trackerabove4.jpg

For some reason I think these overhead shots look best

Looking good Dave, I got mine on the road a few weeks ago although it needs a bit of tuning and with 3' of fall snow that hit the black hills I will not be riding for awhile.

Back