Name for my xs, help needed

Names are funny. My last dog was called Dozer. He became Pigman over time because of his weird grunting noises. The name changed organically with no real conscious effort.

If your bike is called Myrtle, id leave it like that and maybe something else takes it over...

This is just trivia but I don't really get the name thing :p

There are a several scenarios:

- Scenario 1: what's the point?

Even if it had a name, you would go around and address it as "my bike" most of the time anyway. Or you are one of those who'd go and say "hi boss, please meet my new bike, Stacy!" or "hey mom, I parked Stacy outside, now she's not there anymore, are you sure my mischievous dad isn't taking her to the park?"

- Scenario 2: expectation of other people's reactions?

Would you expect them to call its name after you tell them? Imagine an interested neighbor: "Hey, nice ride there! Her name is Stacy right? Does Stacy run strong? Are you excited everytime you ride her?"

This is a light humor on my part, so no offense meant :D

I like Lucille, like George Kennedy said in Cool Hand Luke, "ma luciiiiiiilleeee"

Funny story for ya about naming a bike.

I ran into someone I dont really care for at the grocery store one day. He asked how my bike way coming and I just simply replied with its done. He asked me what I had named it. I told him I never thought about it and didnt really care if it was named. He told me I wasnt a real biker if i didnt name it. Well, I dont consider myself a "biker". I looked at him and said Stephanie, I will name her Stephanie. Pissed off he replies with, my wife is named Stephanie! I just calmly said, well I hope she likes to get ridden really hard!! as I turn and walked away. Too bad she wasnt standing there! I havent seen him since, I am sure he is still pissed.

Even if it had a name, you would go around and address it as "my bike" most of the time anyway. Or you are one of those who'd go and say "hi boss, please meet my new bike, Stacy!" or "hey mom, I parked Stacy outside, now she's not there anymore, are you sure my mischievous dad isn't taking her to the park?"

Would you expect them to call its name after you tell them? Imagine an interested neighbor: "Hey, nice ride there! Her name is Stacy right? Does Stacy run strong? Are you excited everytime you ride her?"

blknoel, you sound like the kinda person that names their dog "dog"! :D

Sonnylynnvick75, you could always call her "Horse With No Name" fits your problem! :thumbsup:

Dude..... I am SOOOO with you on this. "Meet my bike <insert stripper name>" Seriously?

I'm with you on the naming a bike thing. I think the whole thing is sort of goofy myself but to each his own.
jefft

I understand some people dont like it, think its dumb, don't agree, etc. I've noticed that (especially in the south) everyone names there cars, bikes, everything. If you speak with anyone down here you will at some point here whats she run like, crank her up, etc. Its kind of a must do to name your motorcycle.

I have heard them referred to as "her" many times, that pretty common, but to give it an actual name. I don't think so.
jefft

Her is extremely common throughout the world, My main point was that in the south i've heard bikes named everything from posiedon to cindy, ethel to gloria, and a large amount of the people continue to name their bikes. Plus the fact I've been asked about 6 or 7 times what it was named...

I name my dogs but at least they will respond when they here their names called. My bike don't know come here from sickem.
jefft

Back