need help asap - No spark

muellermeat

XS650 Member
Reaction score
i have a 77 xs650 problem i have is no spark to plugs new plugs, wires, boots power to coil to points to everything but no spark also should there be power to all thatwhen key is off any help would be awesome and one more thing i want to make it a kick start only with a simple wiring harness i mean only what i have to have im not running turn signals so please help im desperate thanks
:confused:

went to that link and read post ive been working on bikes for a while and i cant figure ths out im not good with electrical part so any points would be greatky taken thanks

k brand new plugs bt will change out coils to test them
do u know how to make this kickstart only and getide of bunch of shit i dont need plan on making it a bobber and want it very smple

We've sent you to both of the best places. Just click tech at the top of the page. You should also look into ordering a manual. You're not really being all that helpful in describing your issue. You say you have power to the coil. I tell you that it's probably a bad coil or plugs. Then you ask for more help? Either you have power to the coil or you don't.. If you don't that's another set of possible issues entirely. You also have not told me what year you have or anything else about the bike. I don't know if you're running points or TCI. Like I said before man. BE DESCRIPTIVE. HELP US HELP YOU.

Have you ever done points before. Old fart alert, guys there's a whole generation (or two generations) out there that has no idea of what points are or how they work.

Wasn't meanin to dis you muellermeat, us ole farts can't assume you know that's all and yes, what was it? Problem solved is the only joy we get on here you know?

it was some messed up wires i could turn the key off and still had power at the coil and points so i stripped every wire off the bike and going to completly rewire it after i do the banshee swap any info on this would be helpfull thanks guys

Back