Need Spokes

Shifty2932

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

I am helping out a family member and he is trying to track down where he can get some additional spokes. He has a 1971 xs650 and it as an 18" rear wheel. I am just starting to look online for sources, but I figured I would ask to see if any Guru's on here can tell me where to first look.

Long story short he had a new rear tire put on and the boneheads who put the tire on broke three spokes.

Any ideas where one could get new spokes?

Thanks!

Some people have had some luck with the spoke sets Mike's XS sells. I don't think they have single spokes though.
Leo

ebay is loaded with partial/incomplete sets of 10 or 20 (pita when you're looking for a full set), probably not as low in number as 3 but someone here might throw some at ya lol try classifieds?...

Shifty if Three spokes broke during a tire change I would change out all with stainless.

Last edited:
Yes, good chance the spokes will all have to come off to change the broken ones. If the spoke head faces out the wheel will need to come apart. I'd respoke with a mikes set. I did a 73 rear about 3 years ago with his spokes (same as the 71) and couldn't be happier.

20150626_175457.jpg 20150626_175507.jpg

Back