New 18/34 sprokets, What length chain?

530 pitch, 104 link, 17F/32R gearing is stock. +1 in front, and +2 in back, I'd get 108 link and a half link (just in case), you may be able to use 106, but the wheel/axle may be quite far forward in the swingarm, hence the half link. I would also verify the thickness of the sprockets are 1/4" thick (520), or 3/8" thick (530).

I'm putting on 18t front and 34t rear sprockets, Can anyone tell me how many link chain I need? Bike is 81model with 16inch rear wheel. And I'm assuming 520 chain?

Hi Greenmachine,
Clymer's sez stock sprockets & chain are 17T/34T/104 links of #530.
You can get aftermarket sprockets & chain to swap to #520.
IMHO
Don't go to 18T front, the chain will gnaw at your shifter shaft and you'll get just about the same gearing with 17T/33T.
Don't swap to #520 sprockets & chain, the longevity/cost ratio ain't as good and the weight saving is neglegeable.

Never seen half links for motorcycle chain, or any instance in which a whole link change one way or the other could not solve a fitment issue. 106 links should be just fine for adding a single measly tooth on the front. It's not like it's an inch larger in diameter. Plus one on the "eat up the shifter shaft" thing too.

Never seen half links for motorcycle chain, - - -

Hi ace,
Gawd, you kids shoulda been around in the 1950s.
Everyone who rode back then carried a little can of Renold Chain Spares.
Had 2 master links, an inner/outer/inner joining link and a half-link in it.
Worked like magic, the chain never broke unless you left the can at home.

My PARENTS were kids in the 50's. seen them for farm equipment, but not bike chains. I'm a snot nosed 45 year old! LOL

Back