new bars HELP

bikerpunk13

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Getting ready to put some apes on and just want to run throttle and clutch. Can i get rid of high/low, kill switch, electric stater ect, alltogether or will i need to relocate.
cheers

Yep, cut the wiring that runs to them with some side cutters and jam the ends under the gas tank, lol.

It's your bike, do as you want. Me, I like to control my bike so I left that stuff on the bars where they are handy to reach.
Leo

Getting ready to put some apes on and just want to run throttle and clutch. Can i get rid of high/low, kill switch, electric stater ect, alltogether or will i need to relocate.
cheers

Ok, seriously though, you will obviously need a way to control all the things (ie, headlamp, kill switch, engine start) you want off the bars. I like the look of clean bars as much as the next guy, but you can remove said switches and re-locate them somewhere else. Lots of guy re-locate them into a "fake oil bag" or electronics box under the seat or something. But you cant just take them off and cut the wires...

Not trying to be a dick, but was this a serious question?:shrug:

it was a joke i hate wiring shit and the bike i got is a complete mess have several diagrams and needless to say its a clusterfuck. Prob just gonna bike the bullet and order a wiring harness and start fresh.

ahh, I see. Yeah, thats what I did. Cut the harness off and tossed it including all the switches that were on the bars. Im building a bare-bones bobber though.

im just need to remember to have some god damn patients and wait til winter til i throw it all in a rigid and start the wiring from scratch

Back