New guy from michigan

HOODPROP

72 XS650
Reaction score
Hello,

My name is zeke and I am on my second XS650. I built and sold a 77 xs650 a while back. I pick one up from my neighbor for my wife. It is a 72 xs650 with 16000 miles. It has been store for ten years. I am in need of some parts for it and having a hard time finding parts for this year. I am looking for a tank. the starter lever is broke. Any tips on where to get a new set up.:D

I am from muskegon and have couple 650's also I have some tanks that were headed to ebay if you are interested shoot me a pm. I believe most tanks are interchangable if you are just looking for "a" tank

I am looking for the 70 - 73 model trying to keep it original as possible. Do you have any in that year rage and what are you asking for them.

Welcome Hoodprop! I'm over in Lake Orion, we have a bunch of MI people in here now. Must of us are still working on our projects but we have talked about an XS meeting next spring.

if that meet takes place anywhere near me, count me in.... I am in South Bend, IN but born in Sturgis, MI... how about we invade the mid-michigan chopper fest at US131 Dragway in Martin.. late June or July I believe.....

BTW: WELCOME HOODPROP!!

Mid July usually before chopperfest is bike time in muskegon. This year it was like 50,000 bikes ans 100,000 people estimated.
Hood I have a 73 tx tank but it is not stock the emblems have been shaved and filled, bondoed and rattle canned but i have the petcocks and key. probably 25 bucks if you were just looking for something no shipping youn could just pick it up

I think the 70-73 tanks are longer than the 74 up tanks. Any can be made to fit.
Shopping on the 650 forums, Ebay, the chopper forums might be a place to look too. Most choppers use a different tank, maybe some one has a tank for yours. Might even find one with good paint the right color.

I am in Jackson Michigan but work in Detroit. My first street bike was a new 72 XS2. I have been in love with them ever since. Like you I wanted the original red and white tank and found one but took forever to do so. Was pricey as well. I am cleaning out the inside as it has light rust and crud. Soaking in Milkstone and water and should be fine when done. If I find a lead on a original tank will let you know.

Back