New guy

fabman

First build
Reaction score
Bought a '80 basket case cheap. 1st project bike, going David Bird looped hardtail 4" drop 0 stretch, solid 16" rear wheel 21" spoke front wheel, lowered and shaved front forks, billet triple trees, Mustang style high tunnel tank, 277 rephase, Hugh's PMA conversion ...lots of ideas. Work in progress on frame jig for mock up of hardtail today. Doing this while working 55 hrs a week... This community will be my motivation and inspiration as well as research tool... My escape in the man cave for the time being. :D

Posted via Mobile

Hi fabman and welcome,
I hope the build therapy works for you and that you end up making a beautiful work of art.
I also hope you have another bike to ride that still has a front brake because that shaved fork feature is gonna kill you.

Thanks guys. Rolling work of art is the plan. And the front brake stays...going to massage the stock mounts down to match... I like living. Too many idiots in cages not looking for bikes.:thumbsup:

Posted via Mobile

- - - Too many idiots in cages not looking for bikes. - - -

Hi fabman,
the 98% of car drivers that can't see you can be avoided by riding with extreme care and vigilance.
What worries me is the 2% than can see you and want you dead.

Fab,
Hello and welcome! Your build plan sounds very ambitious. Don't burn yourself out by making it TOO ambitious, unless you've resigned yourself to stay the course. "...The oxen are slow, but the Earth is patient." You may want to try running it stock, in the DB frame for a while, and do some more mods next winter. Or f*** what I say and go for it! It'll be all yours when you're done. Good luck!

This site is an inspiration to me so no burnout on my project here...been steadily acquiring parts and goodies for a while now. Therapy for me is being in the mancave working my dreams out. :bike:

Posted via Mobile

Back