New kid from PHX AZ

ryno

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, decided to introduce myself after posting some annoying questions.
I picked up the '79 frame and black painted motor (which cuts my work down a little :laugh:) first for $500 then came across a rolling/slightly parted out '78 basket case for another $500... Should be a slow build for starters I'm in between jobs, and this is my first build. I have a motocross background so I'm hoping that I can grasp most of this with little help.
I purchased the TC Bros hardtail (which might be for sale if I can sell it locally). The more I read I decided since I'm such a small guy I don't want any stretch.
Please ignore the pastey ghost in the picture, NY boy cant stand the desert heat out here.:eek:

-Ryan

Attachments

• IMG_0164.jpg
    IMG_0164.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0209.jpg
    IMG_0209.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_0210.jpg
    IMG_0210.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0211.jpg
    IMG_0211.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 151
You think Phoenix is hot? Try living in Las Vegas. 120+ daytime and a cool 100 at night. Been there, done that. I've been living in Tucson for the last 23 yrs. Before here I was in Germany for 5 yrs. Talk about weather shock. Stick around in AZ. You'll get a tan. LOL
Nice assortment of parts you got there. Keep us informed of your progress, OK? BTW Welcome to our corner of the World Wide Web.

Last edited:
I don't think it's that hot... yet. haha I had to say something so I didn't look like a creeper standing next to my project half nakie. You know how it is I had the garage door down and the sun makes it ike an oven in there. NY humidity is worse then 100 degree Phoenix 100 degree weather.
Thanks! I been to Bob's cycle to get some wheels, still looking for a 36 spoke front 19".
The more i read on this site the more I want my bike to look different, which is more expensive, so it will probably be a slow build process. At first I was just gonna slap it together. Time will tell I guess. :)

Riding is great, but if you just slap it together you'll regret not taking the time to build something more unique and your own.

There's a flip side to that coin though, my current build is at 2 years and counting! Fortunately I've still got my chop to ride in the meantime.

You look like you've got a great start though! Lots of good info here, and a lot of different styles to check out and find out what sort of bike fits you the best.

ryno Yah, I know. Choice of being fryed outside or baked inside. Monsoon season will be here before you know it and you'll be thinkin " didn't I leave this humidity back east?" LOL Enjoy this "cool" weather now.
Sparks M/C shop has a couple XS's in the yard there. Want me to take a peek for that front wheel?

I just moved from New York to Phoenix this winter as well!

I just bought an XS650 chopper that was about 90% done and am trying to finish it now.

We should get together and have a drink or three.

:thumbsup:

ryno Yah, I know. Choice of being fryed outside or baked inside. Monsoon season will be here before you know it and you'll be thinkin " didn't I leave this humidity back east?" LOL Enjoy this "cool" weather now.
Sparks M/C shop has a couple XS's in the yard there. Want me to take a peek for that front wheel?

Thanks, I'll let you know, I'm gonna go back to Bob's Cycle, I didn't get to look good enough the other day.
I'll know who to get at if I need some help ;-)

I just moved from New York to Phoenix this winter as well!

I just bought an XS650 chopper that was about 90% done and am trying to finish it now.

We should get together and have a drink or three.

:thumbsup:

Cool.

Did you buy the one on craiglist with the peanut tank, and it needed to be painted?

For sure, be careful about doing that and driving, they don't F around here.

Back