New paint spray cans

yamasarus

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was at my paint supplier yesterday and they were using their new spray can machine. It lets them offer a spray can of any color that they can mix. They had just mixed a 2010 Camaro bright green. It runs about $23.00 a can and has 8 oz. of mixed product. I through this out there because it will give some of you a wider choice of colors and make painting more interesting. They will ship as well. Contact info: Bradley Auto Supply. 704-782-1166. In NC. I am in no way associated with them other than being a happy customer.

The paint can be of any type normally used on automotive finishes. If an activator is used, the can has a life of about three days. If I were to use the cans I would use a single stage paint that doesn't require an activator. I would then cover it with the spray can clear that uses an activator. Buff and done. There are many variations on how this can be used, so contacting the dealer would be the best way to answer questions. Just remember that just about anything can be done with this stuff. The only limitation is time. With activators involved the can has a finite use life. I can see a great, durable paint job being produced with this stuff if you don't have all the equipment. Something to consider.

Back