New to here...Intro and pics

livingdeadmc

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
hello all... Just found this site (at work lol) and it seems to be great. I have built a number of bikes in the past. Last year I built up and Ironhead chop (my first american build) didn't really enjoy it as I thought I would and ending trading it for an XS. I love these bikes and I am building another right now. To give credit I got this bike as an near finished project, it was in a near complete ridable state....but still needed some work. Since then I have cleaned up and redid the wiring, built the bars, mounted the rear fender, made the struts and have now added a sissy bar, made the axle and spacers to get the front 23" on there, lowered the forks, built the pipes, I'm building new mids currently (I just picked up a great Logan 825 Metal lathe) and took care of a few other odds and ends....anyways I'll get some pics up when I get home

Attachments

• photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 252
that angle makes the 23" look even more monstrous than it is. I guess under panic braking you get added stopping power when the tire hits the lower triple clamp :)

cool looking chop. How is your riding position with the low seat and the control location?

Any pics of your previous bike?

that angle makes the 23" look even more monstrous than it is. I guess under panic braking you get added stopping power when the tire hits the lower triple clamp :)

cool looking chop. How is your riding position with the low seat and the control location?

Any pics of your previous bike?

lol...and I want to lower the forks another 1.5 inches....its actually pretty comfy, and I'm 6'3"...its a elbows to knees, tucked riding position but I dig it...I'll get some pics of my previous bikes I've built up tonight. Thanks!

hello all... Just found this site (at work lol) and it seems to be great. I have built a number of bikes in the past. Last year I built up and Ironhead chop (my first american build) didn't really enjoy it as I thought I would and ending trading it for an XS. I love these bikes and I am building another right now. To give credit I got this bike as an near finished project, it was in a near complete ridable state....but still needed some work. Since then I have cleaned up and redid the wiring, built the bars, mounted the rear fender, made the struts and have now added a sissy bar, made the axle and spacers to get the front 23" on there, lowered the forks, built the pipes, I'm building new mids currently (I just picked up a great Logan 825 Metal lathe) and took care of a few other odds and ends....anyways I'll get some pics up when I get home
Welcome! nice bike. I think i've seen her around tumblr.

Welcome love the 23" front I'm thinking of going that route but keeping the XS hub

Yea I thought of that as well and may go that route sometime....the original plan was to run a wargasser spool hub, but a buddy did this and it just looks like to much negative space to me. I kept the stock honda hub gutted the drum brake business out of it and made a "hubcap" to keep it clean looking. I love having the 23" on there! Thanks man!

Last edited:
Here are some pics of a few of the bikes I've built in the past... and a couple of the sissy bar I just made and the mid-controls I'm working on for my current XS.

Attachments

• cb.jpg
    cb.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 170
  • honda.JPG
    honda.JPG
    292.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IH.JPG
    IH.JPG
    210 KB · Views: 164
  • sisbar.jpg
    sisbar.jpg