New to the XS650 but not vintage Yamahas

doctorstupid

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys my name is Joe and I love the XS650. I've been lurking around the site for a couple of months educating myself and figured it was time to register and say hello. I'm 25 but I grew up with 70's Yamaha dirt bikes and the DT series of enduros. I absolutely love the old Yamahas, nothing from that era compares in my mind. I've been on a very serious hunt for a good XS to start out a bobber build but I just haven't quite found what I want near me. This site is amazing and has been incredibly helpful and has answered so many questions that I have had. Thanks to everyone that has put this site together. Everyone seems very helpful and I can't wait to be a part of the XS family.

Welcome to the best darn site on the web.
Just where are you? There might be someone on here that might be close and have one for sale.
Most of us put that info in below the avatar. Putting the bike info once you get one in the signature hel[s us help you.
I first learned on a DT100. Had a DT400 that wouldn't run. I think it was a bad crank seal.
Leo

Thanks guys!

Leo- I'm in Knoxville TN so pretty much right smack dab in the middle of the east but still just haven't found one the was "the one" if you know what I mean. I had a late 60's DT125 a couple of early 70's DT175's a really nice 74 DT360 that I used mainly as a street bike. I loved everyone of them too.

Back