new xs650 owner

Hello Fred, Thanks for the compliment. I've got a mudguard (Xmas Present) to fit as soon as the weather gets better. I put tapered head bearings in and replaced the lines with braided stainless steel during the resto. I like the sound of the master cylinder upgrade, can you give me more info. Cheers. Simon.

Hello Fred, Thanks for the compliment. I've got a mudguard (Xmas Present) to fit as soon as the weather gets better. I put tapered head bearings in and replaced the lines with braided stainless steel during the resto. I like the sound of the master cylinder upgrade, can you give me more info. Cheers. Simon.

Hi Simon,
but didja put a grease nipple into the frame headrace tube so you can re-grease the races without a teardown?
There are front m/c's from other Yamaha models that have smaller piston diameters as well as several generics.
The list's "search . . . " button (top right on the orange header) will tell you all the details.

Hello Fred no I didn't put a grease nipple on the frame, i'm not going to do that many miles on it, summer ride only, so it's not going to be a major service issue. I'm going to look into a master cylinder upgrade but the brakes are adequate at the moment. Cheers. Simon.

Back