New XS650 Prototype Frame (SUICIDE) from Voodoo Vintage Fabrication

do you guys ship to canada?

We have shipped many products to Canada and we're familiar with the customs bureau, but I've never shipped a weld-on specifically, so I'm not sure what the total freight charge would include...

I'll certainly be looking into it though!

maybe looking for full frame. Damn shipping is expensive as hell though. I was wondering who would do a hardtail for a savage. had my eyes on those things forever. Singles rule.

Well... Not really a Cafe' Racer... But more like a 1920's Board Tracker style! I haven't released any concepts yet, but it's a much overlooked style that demands attention!
I agree it's over looked by many home builders though it has been the rage for years with the "American twin" builders $$$$$$$. They really are a beautiful design, I'm glad to see someone make the frame for the XS crowd. I know you'll do well with it :thumbsup:
btr32.jpg
seservice2.jpg
c111p.jpg

I agree it's over looked by many home builders though it has been the rage for years with the "American twin" builders $$$$$$$. They really are a beautiful design, I'm glad to see someone make the frame for the XS crowd. I know you'll do well with it :thumbsup:
btr32.jpg
seservice2.jpg
c111p.jpg

Now you're talkin' buddy!!! I'll post some concept pics soon, but I think you guys will likey!!!

Well... Not really a Cafe' Racer... But more like a 1920's Board Tracker style! I haven't released any concepts yet, but it's a much overlooked style that demands attention!

I'm not so concerned with style, I just want a frame that can handle being pushed hard on windt canyon roads, and an occasional trip to Willow Springs Raceway. :rock:

Well... Finished up the frame this Sunday! Got the engine mounted with only a few adjustments to the front engine mount.

Here's a nice shot of the finished frame:

IMG_7813B.png

Still getting use to the Millermatic 210. It really burns in the welds, but I'm going to have to find a way to reduce the splatter...

IMG_7818.png

The engine was such a TIGHT FIT that I had to re-design the front mounting bracket. There was no room to install the first design after the engine was fitted.

IMG_7829.png

Nice fit though... Pipes should have NO PROBLEM clearing the frame! And the front motor mount ended up cleaner than before! And... The gusset design I added for the front motor mount will no doubt add a little "security" in the frame!

IMG_7831.png

Photo showing an angled view of the engine mounted in the frame...

IMG_7833.png

Rear and Mid engine mounts. This motor is going NOWHERE! :)

IMG_7834.png

Side view with engine installed. Really "diggin" my new neck gusset design! I think on the production series I will integrate the neck gusset and top motor mounts into one unit. Our frame will accept stock TOP and UPPER REAR motor mounts!!!

IMG_7835.png

This frame was developed as a prototype to our PRODUCTION SERIES (SUICIDE) frame for the XS650. Thanks to Gogi Gonzales for donating his money and resources to become the first customer of the Voodoo Vintage SUICIDE frame! Rest is up to you buddy!!! :thumbsup:

maybe looking for full frame. Damn shipping is expensive as hell though. I was wondering who would do a hardtail for a savage. had my eyes on those things forever. Singles rule.

Sorry for the belated reply! Your question slipped my vision...

At the moment, we only produce the FULL rigid frame for the Suzuki Savage:

image_00.jpg

The reason it's difficult to produce a hard tail is because the frame is actually OFFSET on the shift-side due to the rather large belt drive.

If I come up with a way to counter this, a weld-on or bolt-on hard tail for the Savage is definitely in the works!

Here's a shot of the SHORT CHOP frame fully built...

image_02.jpg

image_04.jpg

Some nice work you got going there. I like that you curved the center post for easy carb removal

I tell ya... It sure makes life a LOT easier not having to remove the carb spacer just to get the damned thing out! I imagine most people could even leave their breathers on!!! It's a lot of space!

Having the seat-post and back-bone monolithic is kind of a "trademark" of my designs. If you notice the Savage frame in the pictures above, there was enough room to side-mount TWO VW air cleaners opposite each other!

Very nice work. Very nice shop also. I have the millermatic 211 ...I did my first big project with it last week and I also had alot of splatter.

Posted via Mobile

Nice work there Voodoo,liking the curves.Your back-bone design reminds of one i saw in Garage magazine,July '06.It was a brit bike that had a curved seat post to clear a supercharger,pretty cool.The builder is Brandon Casquilho.How do customers title your frames? Do you provide a MSO?Keep up the good work!

Very nice work. Very nice shop also. I have the millermatic 211 ...I did my first big project with it last week and I also had alot of splatter.

Posted via Mobile

I'll tell ya what... I didn't really appreciate how well my little Lincoln Pro Mig 180 performed until I tried a couple other units. The only thing lacking on the Lincoln is constant voltage control (Which you have on your 211). The Millermatic 210 is a full-coil machine (same size cabinet as the Millermatic 255), so I expected a little better performance from a unit that takes up half my shop!!!

I'm not knocking the MM210 in ANY way... It's a damn fine machine! But... at nominal amperage range, IMHO, the Lincoln lays a "cleaner" bead and takes up half the space. If I was still in an 1,800 s.f. shop, this would not be much an issue. But being as I seldom weld anything greater than 3/8", I'm seriously tempted to put the MM210 on Craig's List and to grab a Lincoln 180C (With continuous voltage)! I would HIGHLY recommend this unit to ANYONE running a small fabrication shop!!!

Nice work there Voodoo,liking the curves.Your back-bone design reminds of one i saw in Garage magazine,July '06.It was a brit bike that had a curved seat post to clear a supercharger,pretty cool.The builder is Brandon Casquilho.How do customers title your frames? Do you provide a MSO?Keep up the good work!

Yes... We provide an MSO with our frames. In some cases (mostly with other models), we have used the owner's original neck tube with the VIN intact making life a lot easier come time to register their custom!!!

The curve on the seat post was originally designed that way to accommodate the center-mount carburetor and breather on the Suzuki Savage LS650, but I liked the design so much it became somewhat of a "trademark".

If you come out with a boardtracker style frame Im almost 100% positive I would buy one. Then if some one came out with a reasonable priced Leafspringer front end for an xs its over ;)

If you come out with a boardtracker style frame Im almost 100% positive I would buy one. Then if some one came out with a reasonable priced Leafspringer front end for an xs its over ;)

Not sure if you saw it above, but we are working on a boardtracker frame similar to my sketch...

boardtracker_01.jpg

A leaf spring would be "swingin". Let me scratch my head on that one a while...

Back