Nice looking bike on Ebay, Question about Spark Plugs

atomic22

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I thought I'd post this beauty of a bike that is currently for sale on eBay. This guy obviously knows his way around a 650. So much detail, I wish I had the funds for this. :banghead:

1980 Yamaha XS XS650 cafe

Anyone know what type of spark plug setup this is? Or how to achieve it?
Found them on Lowbrow Customs
Brass Nuts & Nickel-Plated Ring Terminals for your Spark Plug Wires

Is it any good for everyday riding?

xs37.jpg

Thanks
A22

Last edited:
I've never ran them but I wouldn't want to get caught in the rain or let a body part touch it! Cool none the less. I must admit I have often done fashion over form. Backwards to what most believe.

Posted via Mobile

yeah that's kinda close to the riders knee or thigh. Bumping that'll raise your voice an octave or two.

I love the look, but I have been bitten by that setup. There is a reason they now, and for a long time, have used a thick rubber boot over the ends. It hits hard too boy.

Whenever I ride in the rain, my plug wires arc through my wet jeans. Keeps me very alert lol.

Looks cool and gives it a real basic look, but, and there is always a but, The reason for caps was not only for shock protection but to stop any tracking that can be caused with dirt or water. Any loss of spark will affect performance.

Imangine the reaction from a touch with mikes ultimate coil, wobble, wobble, crash :laugh:

The plugs are autolite xs62. Its a resistor plug, you'll need resistor plugs with this setup if your running a stock TCI or a pamco like i am here. I only touched the plug once so far (OUCH) but there nowhere near my knees.

I wouldnt want that shock me while taking a corner for sure. As for the bike it seems like a lot of attertion to detail but the rear end just looks unfinished and poorly thought out. Shoulda just shortened the frame hoop instead of cutting it right off, and a short little rear fender would have touched it all off nicely.

I wouldnt want that shock me while taking a corner for sure. As for the bike it seems like a lot of attertion to detail but the rear end just looks unfinished and poorly thought out. Shoulda just shortened the frame hoop instead of cutting it right off, and a short little rear fender would have touched it all off nicely.

I agree I would want a fender but at least it's a real bobber and not a chopper being billed as a bobber. :bike:

I like how it is say's it's an '80, then an '81.
I didn't realize BS38's came stock on an '80/'81 either??

Yeah that was a little snafu, after i got the first bid in though i couldn't change it. As for the carbs i just meant they were stock.

I had a fender on it, but it made the bike look so different from what i wanted. I never really run fenders anyway, i just personally prefer the look myself, but to each is own.

And again, the plugs are nowhere near my knees, Only time i got zapped was because the brass was shiny and pretty and me had to touchy! :D

I think I would have been happy with where the bidding ended.

I agree. That went for a nice price. Overall I like the look. Thanks for all the info on the plugs.
I love the fact there are some many unique ways to make these bikes look different.

Back