No Barn, but a nice find

cliff604

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking for a good motor for a project that I have for quite awhile with no luck. Prices are getting a little crazy !! So I hit my local craigslist and a listing for old Yamaha for 275.00 that's only 30 miles away !!! Now I don't know if I should take the motor out or save the bike.:confused: 046.jpg

048.jpg

me too, I would restore that bike , most of my builds are basket cases started but never finished or finished and then forgotten. Only to be picked up and rebuilt

RESTORE!! RESTORE!! RESTORE!!! that is the sexiest colour scheme they ever did!! Must......fix.......it............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome find, look for another engine for the current build.

Ya I was afraid most would want this one saved. So I'll probably send this off to someone that likes to restore stuff. I kinda like café and hotrod style bikes, I know there's a lot of xs purest out there so don't hate me, but this was my last project. My project is just a lot of gathered parts and stuff left over from past builds . dads phone 067.jpg

dads phone 065.jpg

here's how i sees it. you could sell this bike to someone that is looking for an early model to restore. you will easily make enough cash to find another bike that you can chop to fuck.

-or-

you can restore it yourself.

-or-

you can be a numpty and destroy this one.

and please don't mistake me for some xs650 purist that thinks every one of these bikes needs to be restored. that's not the case. however, there are some bikes for choppin' and some for restorin'....

nice find by the way! lol

:twocents:

Need a lot of work to restore that old girl.

447, (74-83), engines are easier and cheaper to get aftermarket parts for a rebuild.

Chop it up and uh oh yeah sell me everything with red paint and the seat...............

Cliff nice find for our neck of the woods (I'm in Easton). Maybe get it to kick over and flip it to fund your build. I'm working on my first one now a 1982 with a front end swap. I'm probably 5 miles from you so PM me if you need a hand. Just picking a lot of the tech up now, but can help you yank an engine etc.

Hey JR thanks for the offer, I'll send you a PM if I decide to rip this apart, But I think I'm gonna sell it off. As far as your front end swap check out [café without a plan] in the pictures section. That was my first xs project, and I think I save some of the part # that I used on the gsxr forks. Good luck with the build

Back