No "kick start" question

Boog

Traveling Stroyteller
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I feel I know the reason why my kick start lever no longer engages on any start. I have positioned the bike in different angles and rear wheel rotations but the kicker won't catch on anything.
What is my next thing to troubleshoot on Buzzy? And can i fix it with duct tape?

The electric start still works correctly.

Does the kickstarter arm stay up or does it fall down from its ready position ? Or can it be moved freely up or down as you wish ? I would drain the oil and take the side cover off to check what’s going on in there, sounds like something has broken.

@Niels B, it movs easily enough. After I pudh it down, it comes back nicely.

@Jan_P the clutch lever doesn't engage until almost fully out. That is not what you are talking though, is it?

@Niels B, it movs easily enough. After I pudh it down, it comes back nicely.

@Jan_P the clutch lever doesn't engage until almost fully out. That is not what you are talking though, is it?

Not exactly sure ..what You mean But I get the feeling and adjustment can help , I adjust having the machine on the central stand .I put it on the central stand and start it
Put it in gear .and operate the clutch .. Trying to stop the turning wheel with my foot clutch in running engine
If it is not possible to stop I adjust and test again. If to loose the clutch will slip
Shifting and listen to the Clonking and trying to stop the wheel clutch in Finding something that is working
In this case maybe it is adjusted to far in on the adjuster at the side of the engine

Why don't you try some super glue, lol, worked on the last "bandaide" fix. This poor old bike. I figure it will up and die eventually and maybe that's for the best. They shoot old horses, don't they?

Back