Make Offer - NOS OEM XS650 Speedo With Zero Miles Mint

myyear2g

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hello to all... I'm not some troll or anything, but recently got some xs650 parts and I'm sort of stumped on this one.... Hoping that an expert can give some input :)

I have a speedo that is in a box with factory Yamaha tags 584-83570-70-00 and those are crossed out in pen and written is 2Y4-83570-70-00. I understand the second part number replaced the first - my internet search says it fits a 1976 XS650.

However, I found a few pics of the XS650 speedos and they are chrome on the back - not this teal/baby blue color. This part came from a closed down show and is OEM, but it is off a different year XS650 and put in the wrong box I'm wondering. There are not completed items on ebay with a NOS zero mile speedo, so what do you guys value it at?

I'm part of a few forums and most accept noobs with questions and are very helpful - I'm hoping this is one of them lol

Pics Attached and Thank You in Advance - I have a box full of parts and hope to help some of you out with some NOS OEM parts

Attachments

• sp1.jpg
    sp1.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 151
  • sp2.jpg
    sp2.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 124
  • sp3.jpg
    sp3.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Hi
I am looking for controls (left and right) dashboard, tank, and forks for a 1974 TX650A or 1975 XS650. Do you have any of those?

Thanks

It's that color because it doesn't have the cup on the back. I have no idea what it's worth, but I'd imagine considerably more than a used one. How wonderful one of those would be to have on the "perfect restoration". Not to hijack the thread, and I'm certainly not implying it was done here, but does anyone know how to reset a used speedo to zero? I always wondered...
Cafefill

Again, sorry for hijacking the thread, but I got this in a PM in response to my last post. I thought it was worth sharing:

Once the guts of the speedo are removed from the metal bucket that hold it you'll see two Phillips head screws that hold the unit in its plastic housing......the fly in this ointment is the glass face and the beveled metal that holds it in place. That has to be removed before you can remove the Phillips head screws to make any changes.
I use a slot screwdriver and slowly pry the metal ring away from the plastic body, using a twisting motion. It takes a while and probably need to pry at least half of the circumferance of the crimp before the glass can be removed.
Then remove the screws and the workings will be in hand.
You'll see the number wheels and catch wheels between. Take a small slot screwdriver to move the catch away from the number wheel that you want to change and using your finger or the eraser end of a pencil dial the number wheel to the desired number.

I still think a brand new OEM speedo with zero miles would be worth more than one that has been "doctored". I don't know what used ones have been selling for here, perhaps someone can chime in, but the new one would certainy have more value, IMHO.
Cafefill

Would have to look some more but "most" XS650 speedos top out at 120MPH.... green seems right for a year or two.. perhaps its XS750?

New Speedo's are about $280.00 on fleabay, unless your buyer wants exactly the year you have they will sit. If it doesnt owe you much money put a selling price on it. Hard to say what price really

I bought a 0k's, (kph), Gauge for $130.00 AUS + $30.00 AUS postage off fleabay a few years ago. It was an "Auction" just about all the 0 Mph/Kph speedo's are now "Buy now"

I think the 76 Spedo/Tac has the chrome bezel and the later 77D/78E has the black bezel

To my knowledge all Standards up to and including 78E have 140mph Spedo's.

All Special Spedo's have 120mph, 79 Standard has the Special Spedo/Tac, 120mph

Attachments

• 76C.JPG
    76C.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 77 gauges .JPG
    77 gauges .JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 92
  • 77 D.jpg
    77 D.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 91
  • 78E.JPG