Now we have a serious problem

socxs

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bikes power went out and there are no blown fuses and I just charged the battery. Battery should be good because it is less than a year old, and it was cranking with no power loss. I am at my wits end trying to figure out how to get this bike running. I am ready to get it down to the minimum of wires and other safety equipment needed, I want to keep the turn signals though and run it as a kick start only. If anyone knows how to get a 1980 TCI Removed, Pamco System installed XS650G Special II down to the minimum wiring even no ignition down to two rocker switches please help me. Also if anyone in the DFW area is willing to help me do this I would be very Grateful. :banghead::banghead::banghead::wtf::laugh: Losing my mind on this build.

Thanks ahead

#1 TEST
Test the fuse box they often fall apart and you can't always tell.
Remove and clean both hot wire and ground on both ends.
test the battery, 1 year old doesn't mean it's any good.

What do you mean "power went out?

I had power when I was trying to crank it over and then all of a sudden nothing. The neutral Light was on and so was the red light and then they just went dark. I didn't hear a click or a pop. So I checked to see if the fuses were blown and they were all fine.

Just because a fuse looks good, doesn't mean it is. Also, as Gary mentioned, check the connections to the fuses. My buddy installed the replacement fuse box from Mike's on his bike. He had the same problem as you, intermittent total power loss. I inspected his install and found half the wires could be easily pulled out of the crimps with just a gentle tug. He used just regular pliers to put the crimps on instead of actual crimpers. That didn't work out so well for him, lol.

Can't tell a blown fuse just by lookin' at it. Did you just do that or did you use a test light or voltmeter?

This isn't a re-occurring thing, this is the first time it has ever happened, but I will definitely check the fuse connections when I get home from school. Hopefully it won't be that dark out already.

It is the newer fuses, I don't remember there name but they are the ones were the filament blows in the middle, But like I said I will check when I get home from school.

Check that the battery cables are tight. Number one reason for loosing all power with no blown fuses.

Back