• Sr.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Jr.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Jesse

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would not even try paul sr track thing.the guy on the crutches proved that to me' and when Sr stopped it he slid foward a few inches and was not going about 3 to 5 mph.
and paul jrs bike is good for 20 :laugh: 20 miles then stop for gas :wtf: is that20 miles per tank. dem tuttles have just lost their way.
and jjs bike you can ride n ride n ride and hand made
it is mind set and TV can screw YOU UP!
so who won? Discovery channel thats who won!

Wow.. You guys sure are into this more than I thought you'd be! :D Should we start our own poll for who should've won?

Freakin A! Then send it to the producers of the Discovery Channel.

Jesse James -Winner
Paul Jr. -Loser
Paul Sr. - Big Loser

Last edited:
I would like to make a show with these turd burglers. It would consist of actually doing work on a bike. Not buying an engine in a crate, not having a catalog in front of them, no internet, no water jet. Just a phone book, an old bike and tools. Let's see these knob gobblers set points, degree a cam or, better yet, have to actually do some diagnostics.
Then the voting would be done by people who own/work on bikes and can spot 10 mile range gas tanks. Not some chrome junkies looking for a fix or a parking lot full of leather clad drunks googling over the lights and smoke.

p.s. I toned that all done from my original draft.

They should have made them ride their bikes to a destination 500 miles away like they used to in the OG Biker Build off show... I wonder how long they would have made Jesse wait before they all hung their heads and handed the trophy to Jesse. The OCC/PJD should have just ordered kits from Russell Mitchell at Exile the same amount of skill would have been exhibited but at least they would have been cool.

I would like to make a show with these turd burglers. It would consist of actually doing work on a bike. Not buying an engine in a crate, not having a catalog in front of them, no internet, no water jet. Just a phone book, an old bike and tools. Let's see these knob gobblers set points, degree a cam or, better yet, have to actually do some diagnostics.
Then the voting would be done by people who own/work on bikes and can spot 10 mile range gas tanks. Not some chrome junkies looking for a fix or a parking lot full of leather clad drunks googling over the lights and smoke.

p.s. I toned that all done from my original draft.

Wish I'd seen the uncensored version :thumbsup:

They should have made them ride their bikes to a destination 500 miles away like they used to in the OG Biker Build off show... I wonder how long they would have made Jesse wait before they all hung their heads and handed the trophy to Jesse. The OCC/PJD should have just ordered kits from Russell Mitchell at Exile the same amount of skill would have been exhibited but at least they would have been cool.

What ever happened to Russ and Exile cycles, I don't hear much about them anymore. The guy had some great machines!

I got to thinking about this subject after I posted the link to the Discovery Channel, there are better builders that belong to this forum than at OCC and PJD, after cruising through some of the pics I would like to see some of the 650 builders that belong to this forum put in a build-off with JJ, would be interesting to say the least.

How do you think the voting would have turned out if the only people that could have voted had to be bike owners themselves??

and when the hell did wood become a part of a motorcycle?? man im way off on my build.

If you go to the biger bike shows around you do still see some of the builders that made up the biker build off. Most still build but the TV bullshit got to alot of them and the way it was run was very poor. Only TV people made money. All of those guys spent there own nickel for all the build and time and you won a halfass trophy.I liked when they broke it or cut it up because it just showed how much they really didn't care.OCC bikes were just built for the TV BIKERS not me and you who know how what end of a wrench to use. Jesse is shaking his head in disbeleaf because it seemed that he really thought that his bike would have won or it was a show too.
I would like to see a poll from bikers who ride not TV COUCH BIKERS WANTABEEEES.
This is the problem with all contests that get TV involved.You really never get the best of the best.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? You're not using wood? That's why they call it a build, 'cuz you use wood. You...corner...now!
:banghead:

while im there ill b thinking about where to mount my fog machine.
And jrs not the first to come up that btw...my buddies shovel has been doing that for years lol

I think I have watched maybe half of a few of those shows and had to switch to HGTV or similar before I threw up. That includes Jesse James (a shameless self promoter) but the father/son pair is the worst.

I view modifying motorcycles as a way to maximize performance, as in if something doesn't make it go faster/stop quicker/handle better/more reliable it's not needed and none of them build anything that can be ridden in a way other than just stylin' and profilin'. Not my cup of tea at all. FWIW, those '72 hour car buildoff' shows are as bad, if not worse.

I long for the early days of 'Junkyard Wars' when two groups of people were thrown into a completely unknown situation. They had to really get ingenious, work with what they found and come together as a team to win the thing. There were no manufactured stress situations, the time limit was enough. But that's not what the average goober wants to see.

I long for the early days of 'Junkyard Wars' when two groups of people were thrown into a completely unknown situation. They had to really get ingenious, work with what they found and come together as a team to win the thing. There were no manufactured stress situations, the time limit was enough. But that's not what the average goober wants to see.
+1
Monster Garage was pretty cool back in the day as well.

Yea, like Junk yard wars was real. Oh look team #1 found a 500ft roll of mylar film(for a hot air balloon) that 'someone' just threw away in a car junk yard. Team team#2 must pick it up if they're going to find their stratigically place materials.:wtf:

I could go on and on with the falicies of that show.

Hell yeah they 'salted' stuff.The skinny blond chick who was the producer even said so, on camera, more than once. The show also supplied the welders, hydraulic benders, drills etc. It was still a damn sight better show than these where they build basically useless bikes and draw viewers in not with their true fabrication skills (which I think they have to hide to make the Discovery producers happy) but rather with their personality quirks.

I'm not interested in watching 'General Hospital' with a plasma cutter.

Back