• Sr.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Jr.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Jesse

Votes: 24 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree... BUT! if we were allowed to kill off horrid X's there'd be, what... 4 women left on the planet who were available. :doh:

I agree that Jesse seems to have more talent than the turtles, but at the same time... He's such a giant tool. He's one of those people that most would find a lot more tolerable if his vocal chords were forcibly removed.

I gotta admit that along with fabrication skills JJ does know how to game the system with relentless self promotion. For instance, some time back he made a big deal out of not building a bike for Fred Durst because he thought Durst was an a**hole. It got all over the news, it was like Durst was begging him to build one.

From http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/fsb_archive/2003/03/01/338769/index.htm
'And if you tick Jesse off by trying to bribe your way to the top of the production schedule, well, then, no bike for you. A case in point: Limp Bizkit's front man, Fred Durst. Despite getting a glowing reference from a previous West Coast Choppers client, supermodel and FOJ Tyson Beckford, Durst was turned down. Seems the rock star tried to buy his way to the top of Jesse's production schedule. Durst was politely told to go away. Says James: "I only build bikes for cool people." '

If he were to channel all that talent and know how into, say, a race team instead of glittery showbikes for the noveau riche he could really make a mark.

Sooooo......... After contacting Discovery Channel and giving them my two cents worth, I really didn't expect to hear from them, well........ I did! and here is what they had to say.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Viewer:

Thank you for contacting Discovery Channel.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with
us regarding American Chopper - The Build-Off. Please know that your
comments will be forwarded to our program management and executives and
will be taken into consideration.

Comments such as yours are very important to us, as viewer opinions tell us
what we can improve on and what our audience enjoys. It is these types of
comments that contribute to creating change and improving our programming.

Thank you again for expressing your interest in our programming.

Sincerely,

Viewer Relations
Discovery Channel

A reply to this message will not be answered. If you have additional
questions or comments, please go to our webform at
http://extweb.discovery.com/viewerrelations.

Between the lines: 'But as always we will give much more weight to the raw viewership numbers. The only reason we have this little portal is so we can get stuff to cackle about during staff meetings'. Naw, I'm not a cynic.

To be honest about this, this is what I saw.

Blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau we don't give a shit blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau go f*** yourself blau blau blau blau blau blau blau blau.:D

DISCOVERY CHANNEL

Who cares if Jesse is a self promoter? If I had his wallet and half his talent I'd be screaming "I'm Awesome" from the rooftops... At the end of the day, at least he's consistent.

A perfect match don't you think?
GayBuild.jpg

I'm a little late to jump in on this discussion, mostly because I don't give a sh!t about OCC.
But last week I saw a fb post from a buddy of mine from Austin TX who builds hot rods saying his shop is referenced during the build off show along with a shot of one of his cars. So I tried to catch the re-runs last weekend so I could catch a glimpse of my friend Wade. Never saw Wade, but here's my take.

Sr: Not a motorcycle, why the F^(k would you want flames in your face? Look like a death machine for the rider. They had the chassis built, ordered the other parts, ect.. All the building is in the body parts. Looks silly.

Jr: Looks cool, the exhaust in your face is pretty stupid. He should have built it so it just throws out steam there, not so that he has to rev the engine up to damaging rpms to shoot out burnt oil. Not sure it’s totally safe to ride, did they have an engineer help with that suspension, seems a bit unbalanced.

JJ: Like a lot have said, not his best build. Nice traditional chopper. Nice to see a builder on TV actually build the frame and forks himself. He had little help from others, mostly just him his tools and raw materials. He is a true craftsman, not just a designer. An inspiration to us guys who build in their garages and sheds. But, as my wife said, "That man has some personal demons".

There was another show on yesterday morning as i went threw the channels and it was JESSE again on the skills he learned on blacksmith work and the two bikes that were on the show were much nicer than the one on the build off. So what Gives. This is not the last of it and the dumb ass closed his shop in CAL . Said it was all about him not anyone at the shop so he packed it in for TEXAS and started a Hot Rod Shop with some guys. I HEAR A NEW SHOW COMING!!!! I guess he put one over on all of us and used OCC to get himself another sweet deal. Whats it going to be called JESSE JAMES HOT ROD BUILDER FROM TEXAS. This is getting way to funny. AND before anyone jumps on me about TEXAS I love TEXAS won my first Pro Mod Race there Very cool people there.
OK ACT TWO!!!!!!!! OCC against JESSE on RAT ROD BUILDS......
I would just like to see a build off with hand tools like most of us build with not a $100,000 tool that i will never own.

Back