OEM Saddlebag Mount Brackets - example

bluebikerblan

Geezer
Reaction score
The ebay listing below shows an example of OEM saddlebag mounts for the XS 650 that I've not seen before nor knew to exist.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-XS65...6460&pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Left and Right side photos might serve as good pattern examples?

Mount points are shock top mount, turnsignal lamp bracket mount, passenger footpeg mount it appears with three threaded bag mount bolt receivers.

Cool....hope a fabricating forum member snags em to copy. Blue

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!n8E63WLm)fpBO1Yj(oMC!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqF,!n8E63WLm)fpBO1Yj(oMC!~~60_12.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 262
  • $(KGrHqR,!igE7Embe1hHBO1Yj+Dy2!~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!igE7Embe1hHBO1Yj+Dy2!~~60_12.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 244
I got a copy. Thanks for finding them.
After building a set like that most any hardbag could be fitted. Even home built ones.
Leo

Any idea what the original bags for those looked like?

Attachments

• xs650bwithbags2.jpg
    xs650bwithbags2.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Very interesting, blue.

The factory hard cases look real nice. The factory mounting brackets have a nice simple design, and yes could be a guide for someone making up their own.

If the brackets are steel, as they appear, they would be a little on the heavy side. The sellers price for the brackets are on the expensive side............I guess "rare" costs.

I actually have "making soft bag brackets" on my winter todo list. My plan is to use aluminum tubing, which I have on hand.

Thanks bluebikerblan.
It wouldn't be hard to fab up a decent copy of these with some downhole tubing.
The "look"(roundish) and function(top lift clip hinge and buckle clasp) of those bags were the standard for the day?
Saying maybe they could be Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda depending on the logo's?

Back