Oh the humanity!! (Poor, poor XS-1B!)

you didn't go buy another one did you Twomany ? :D

you didn't go buy another one did you Twomany ? :D

Oh, peanut, it was tempting, especially since I know my way around Wichita. But, that last minute flurry of bidding activity, and my reluctance to do a 1300 mile round trip with the truck and trailer trumped the desire for a cruddy $800 parts bike.

I'm expecting to see pieces of this thing on eBay. We'll see how long it takes...

With what they were willing to pay looks like somebody has realised the potential of this rare bike and hopefully restore it.
I would say the snipe reserve would have been over a $1000.
If it had a title it would have been a good grab for overseas interest.
This bike was all there matching numbers $$$ and just a normal fully restoration project.
Gauges would have been the only thing hard to get or restore.

Oh, peanut, it was tempting, especially since I know my way around Wichita. But, that last minute flurry of bidding activity, and my reluctance to do a 1300 mile round trip with the truck and trailer trumped the desire for a cruddy $800 parts bike.

I'm expecting to see pieces of this thing on eBay. We'll see how long it takes...

sad but true :(

There are folk making really big bucks from parting stuff out .
Its just bean counting. It would probably cost $3000+ to restore that bike and a lot of work but the way prices are at the moment you'd probably get that and more for just selling the bits on ebay.

Back