oil cooler restrictor plug

wood-z

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,so much good info here and helpful xs-smart people.Thanks for sharing.
I'm working on xsjohns oil cooler mod and i'm looking for the restricter plug for the upper section of the feeder tube...hmmm unable to attach pics but in 'tech' 'misc''xsjohn mods'top end cooler'attached thumbnail #3 is said tube and plug.
I'm thinking machine shop if no-one knows where to find it. Any ideas? As always,Thnx
for your help...Wood-z

I don't think anyone makes them. If you look in pic #1 it shows the "jet" and it's dimensions so it can be made.

A round piece of aluminum or brass and a drill and a file...That's what I did... . I don't have a lathe either.....Make the restriction as pictured above so the lip will ride on the hose as to prevent oil from passing around it or bond it in......The restriction also has to have some length to it for proper restriction.....Say 5/8" or so....

John did it with a file and a drill ;)

S'alright there wood-z.....xsjohn had some .....I dunno....johnisms'? when it came to explaining things. Sometimes on somethings it takes a bit to decipher.
Only wonder what he'd be trying to improve on now.......

Truism. Re-reading the post on this it is hard to read the context, I quess i was used to understanding XSjohns ramblings, :laugh: and being able to read what he was getting at.

I didn't want to edit his info but re-reading the post do you think i should ?

Truism. Re-reading the post on this it is hard to read the context, I quess i was used to understanding XSjohns ramblings, :laugh: and being able to read what he was getting at.

I didn't want to edit his info but re-reading the post do you think i should ?

Nah,I wouldn't want to lose the character of the post.....mebbe a summary or an addendem at the end.

Back