Oil Delivery Tube

tbone1980

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I am trying to take the Oil Delivery tube off my engine and I can't seem to figure out how it comes apart where it attaches at the bottom portion of the engine. Any help?

You need two wrenches. I don't recall just what sizes. One to fit the nut holding the line to the adapter and one to hold the adapter. If you don't hold the adapter, the line will twist and kink as you turn the line nut.
Soak the connection with PB Blaster. A very strong penetrating lube.

You need 2 @ 22mm. 7/8" is very close and may work as well .....

OilPipe.jpg

Thank you so much for the info and the picture. I wasn't sure about the higher nut as far as if it was suppose to slide up the oil delivery tube. I will spray some penetrating stuff on it and let it set for a bit to see of it loosens up!

Basically, it's a gland nut fitting like they use on metal car brake lines, only larger. Leave the top 2 bolts that attach it to the engine top tight until you get the bottom one loose. When installing, snug the top 2 first, then do that bottom one.

Many like to replace that bottom fitting with a new one from MikesXS because their original is all rusty. I don't recommend it. The Mike's part is one of his lesser quality items. Take a look at this one my buddy got, totally unusable and a complete waste of $9 (it's shiny though, lol) ......

Oil Pipe Fitting.jpg

I clean the original and paint it silver with Testor's model paint and a Q-tip.

Last edited:
Thanks again for all of the help. I was able to get it off thanks to all of your help! Is it ok to sand blast the oil delivery tube.

I think it's ok just don't hit the sealing surfaces to hard if at all. They need to be smooth to seal the way they should. If I was, I might put bolts and washers on the two top banjo bolts fittings and put the case adapter in the lower fitting to keep those surfaces protected.

Back