One Man Engine Install - Is it possible?

no argument that welded pipes etc... would be a preferable system, but that inherently negates the title of this thread.

as you suggest 5Twins, an adjustable rolling lift for sideways motor install would be best for solo work.

No, its not easy, for one person, to lift a 150 lb. XS650 engine into a frame. Everytime someone posts that they lifted an engine into a frame by themselves, I sense their male ego is making a statement.

Jesus by, no need to go all Freud on us. I lifted my Seca motor into the frame, by myself, full stop. Two cylinders would have been a lot easier to grapple just for the width. Deadlift onto a upturned milk crate, from the crate, into the frame. Plenty of swear words and few cans of Faxe 10% helps. This two stage lift has helped me get some pretty chunky compressor heads onto tanks over the years. You have to get creative when you are working out in the field sometimes.

Of course, with a Seca Turbo being so ugly right from the factory, it's not like a few paint scrapes were going to get me worked up.

BEWARE THE VIKING!!

_vyr_4772FAXE-10-EXTRA-STRONG-BEER-FAXE-COM--CS---B-O.jpg

Tilt the engine, inside the frame. Reattach the upper bracket to the engine. Tie ratchet strap to top of engine. Then connect a come along to the strap and to roof rafter (at the other end). Ratchet and wiggle engine until it's free. A second person is helpful but not mandatory. Roll the bike away. Lower the motor onto a stand or table. I'm guessing Ths could be done w a heavy duty ratchet strap in place of the come along.
f891d620e776edb736543ae06f0cfe64.jpg

Back