Overall Measurement Of Late Model Head with All Balls Bearings Installed

Street Tracker

Dirt Track Mentality
Reaction score
Anyone know what the total measurement of the head on a late model with the All Balls bearings installed from bearing to bearing face. From the bottom to the top over all measurement. Thanks for any help. :thumbsup:

I never measured mine but it's very close to the same as with the stock ball bearings.
If you are having troubles with the tapered bearings fitting then you didn't remove all the old parts.
Leo

No not having trouble with the install, I just don't want to install them before I powder coat the frame and I am having some triple clamps made and this measurement is on the list of measurements needed. Looks like I may have to put the races in and check it anyway, thanks Leo if anyone knows please share I would appreciate it.

When the frame gets powder coated, plug the neck on both ends so no powder gets inside.
Before you install the races you should make a couple cuts inside the neck. one on each side. The inside of the race and the inside of the neck are very close to the same size. these cuts give you room to remove the races if you ever need to.
Using the edge of a file should work. Just cut a shallow groove inside so you can get a punch on the race.
I found this out after I installed mine. So I hope I never need to change them.
Leo

Back