Pamco & E-Advance help

Black22

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'm new here and new to XS650's as well, so please forgive my dumb questions. I've built Ford small block racing engines as well as Porsche engines, so I'm not a complete idiot, but I've never been able to tear into a complete, running XS650 motor. My bike was a basket case with a blown motor and it was disassembled prior to me acquiring it, so as you can imagine getting all the correct pieces in the correct places is a little challenging.

Is there a place I can find a complete, step by step install of the PAMCO ignition and E-advancer? I see sites with still pictures, but a video would be nice. My main trouble is which side these things get installed on, what parts are eliminated, and what is retained? Most pictures show points installed and the next picture the PAMCO installed. :shrug: I have a Clymer manual, so I think PAMCO goes on the left side of the engine and the advance replacement adapter goes on the right side. Please remember I've never seen an assembled motor and I'm holding a bare advance rod in my hand.:banghead:

Also is the E-advancer replacement adapter only $2.00? The PO said he never installed the PAMCO or E-advancer, but the adapter is pretty buggered up.

Any help or direction would be appreciated. :D

Thanks
Mike B.

I did find a video on youtube, but it was for the original Pamco. I am actually still looking for a good write up for the E Advance as well. Have one on the way.

Good luck man, lots of good help here.

Well sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm actually having a hard time figuring out how it all goes together. I have an andrews 3.0 ohm dual output coil, the pamco ignition, and an e-advancer, but no idea how to put it all together.

Search xs650 and Pamco on YouTube. It's step by step and easy to follow. The only difference will be that you don't have to install the mechanical advance which makes the install way quicker. As far as wiring in the e-advance it's made dummy proof with markings on the e-advance itself.

This diagram should help with the wiring. Pamco E-Advancer.JPG

Have you looked at Pamcopete's web site?
http://www.yamahaxs650.com/

I have read his instructions, but I new like the kindergarten explanation. I've always had a hard time figuring out wiring and electrical. Its all magic to me

Back