PAMCO Electronic advance

OMG! :eek: That means I've got to post the instructions, like, PRONTO! :banghead:

Hah! That means either "Wow, they're already arriving!" OR "Geez, Osteo is gonna mangle the install if he goes it alone!". :laugh:

No worries, Pete... You probably have at least a week before I'm ready to dig into this one. :wink2:

I'm checking my mailbox every day, the 79 is BEGGING for this. As soon as one goes in I'm ordering at least 2 more.

Hah! That means either "Wow, they're already arriving!" OR "Geez, Osteo is gonna mangle the install if he goes it alone!". :laugh:

No worries, Pete... You probably have at least a week before I'm ready to dig into this one. :wink2:

LOL. Well, a good wake up call, for sure. :thumbsup:

I posted the installation instructions, so if you want to have a look and come back with any questions, that would be great.

Just ordered mine. can't wait to finish my bike and actually try it out.
Thanks Pete for a simple and affordable ignition!

LOL. Well, a good wake up call, for sure. :thumbsup:

I posted the installation instructions, so if you want to have a look and come back with any questions, that would be great.

Instructions look great. Any caveats on mounting the E-Advance? For example, is it preferable to avoid close proximity to the ignition coil, regulator/rectifier, or AC wiring? There's a flat spot about the right size/shape on the bracket holding my coil, but that just seems suspiciously convenient for me... :laugh:

Ordered EAdvance and ignition on 5 April. Any way of checking to see when and if they have been shipped? Thanks

Instructions look great. Any caveats on mounting the E-Advance? For example, is it preferable to avoid close proximity to the ignition coil, regulator/rectifier, or AC wiring? There's a flat spot about the right size/shape on the bracket holding my coil, but that just seems suspiciously convenient for me... :laugh:

I did mention in the installation instructions to not mount it near the coils (RFI) or directly above the engine (heat) but it is rated for operation up to 80C or 176F. I mounted mine under the left side air filter cover. It's so small and light that all you need to do is tie wrap it in some convenient location.

Rush2112,

Did you order an advancer? Couldn't find an order to Harpers Ferry.

JAGspeed,

Will be shipping most out today.

I decided to wait and get the whole kit witch i ordered yesterday......

Thanks for responding

looks like i needed a new rotor anyway.....i wasent sure if mine had the 90* or not...
cuz i lost it LOL

Hey Pete!

I just ordered my e advance, I also ordered the coil plus the ignition kit from mikexs. As I was ordering my e advance, I noticed that I need a 60 degree instead of the 90 degree. My question is, how old are the 90 degree units, what are the chances that I receive a unusable 90 degree ignition from mikesxs?

I am looking forward to putting this in my bike!

Hey Pete!

I just ordered my e advance, I also ordered the coil plus the ignition kit from mikexs. As I was ordering my e advance, I noticed that I need a 60 degree instead of the 90 degree. My question is, how old are the 90 degree units, what are the chances that I receive a unusable 90 degree ignition from mikesxs?

I am looking forward to putting this in my bike!

We have not shipped the 90 degree rotor for at least the last three years, so no worries, all of MIkesXS stock is 60 degree.

Thanks Pete, I will tell you what, you have amazing customer service and from what I see great products. I enjoy reading your posts and look forward to your products, your passion of great bikes is infectious! Thanks for everything!

Mine arrived today in Toronto :) Sadly the engine it's being used on is sitting on a stand in my office, rebuilt waiting for the rest of the bike to catch up, but the advance is here!

Thanks Pete.

Pete
I bought a Pamco Ultimate High Output Ignition System & Advancer Kit for my 81 motor about 5 months ago.
Had put the build on the back burner for a while, but its looking like I'm going to get to starting working on it again.
Is their an advantage to going with the electronic advancer - and what all would I need to buy to do so?
Thanks
Mark

Pete, the only issue that I am coming across is that Mikes is out of stock on the Breaker plate screws #14-0655

What should I do here? Is there another source?

Thanks!

Back