PAMCO Electronic advance

I think it's safe to assume the combo kit of Pamco Ignition and Electronic Advance will be a few dollars less than buying each piece on their own.

If your '78 has the advance rod in it already you don't need anything (i.e. if you have a mechanical advance and points). I believe the '78 was still on a points ignition so you should be good to go.

Pete ships to Canada - go check out his sales website. I ordered my electronic advance minutes after they were available and his site calculates the shipping amount for Canada ($18 if I recall).

I think it's safe to assume the combo kit of Pamco Ignition and Electronic Advance will be a few dollars less than buying each piece on their own.

If your '78 has the advance rod in it already you don't need anything (i.e. if you have a mechanical advance and points). I believe the '78 was still on a points ignition so you should be good to go.

Pete ships to Canada - go check out his sales website. I ordered my electronic advance minutes after they were available and his site calculates the shipping amount for Canada ($18 if I recall).

Thanks for the answer Tim, I appreciated.
Do you get charged brokerage fees and customs when ordering parts from the states?
And Yes,I do have the points ignition and mechanical advance.

Sometimes you get lucky. Just never let anyone ship anything by UPS thats worth more than $15. They charge the worst fees.

US Post comes in through Canada Post and worst case you pay $5 admin fee plus HST on the value of the item.

Rush2112,

Did you order an advancer? Couldn't find an order to Harpers Ferry.

JAGspeed,

Will be shipping most out today.

Will be shipping most out today.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a different price for the combo of the new pamco and digital advance together or do I have to order each separately? Will order ASAP.

Will be shipping most out today.

Do you have a different price for the combo of the new pamco and digital advance together or do I have to order each separately? Will order ASAP.[/QUOTE]

I have changed the web site to accommodate the advancer as an add on to existing PAMCO's. The final costs have come in and there were a couple of surprises for things like the "dummy" replacement for the mechanical advancer, so the pricing now for the advancer is:

Advancer only: $89.95 (Includes the "dummy" replacement for the mechanical advancer)
60 Degree rotor (if needed) $34.95
New simplified plate $57.95

I will add the new simplified plate, rotor and advancer to the web site as a combo in the next few days at a better price than if bought separately.

Last edited:
I corrected the price for the advancer from $98.95 to $89.95. Just a typo. My original target price was $85 so just a little over.

Oops! Wrong again. Forgot a couple of parts in the advancer. Should be $95.95.

Last edited:
Hey, pamcopete.
On an older post, you mentioned implementing a 'below 100 rpm' retard feature. It's not mentioned on your website. Is this a planned feature on your next gen, or did I miss something?

Hey, pamcopete.
On an older post, you mentioned implementing a 'below 100 rpm' retard feature. It's not mentioned on your website. Is this a planned feature on your next gen, or did I miss something?

It's there now. -12 degrees at and below 100 RPM for easier starting and friendlier kick starting. This puts the timing at about 3 degrees BTDC. The timing also does not start until the cam has rotated enough for one set of magnets to pass the sensor so you can turn on the key and not fry the coil. However, there is still a long shot chance that if the engine stops running on its own the timing may come to rest with the coil on. Kick starters can cycle the kill switch off and on to reset the program to prevent kick back.

StreetTracker,

I'll be working on the 277 advancer soon with Hugh up in Ashville. The 277 advancer will be a CB450 advancer with a different curve. The program for the CB450 works with two coils so that part has been done and tested.

Ok cool Pete just let me know when I can order my ingition and advancer just picked me up a couple dyna mini coils, getting ready to send my crank and cam to Hugh and pick up one if his PMA's.

OK. I posted the final offering www.yamahaxs650.com which is the complete new system including the E-Advancer, simplified plate and rotor for $189.95. Adding a coil, such as MikesXS 17-6903 Ultimate coil @ $69.00 brings the total system to $258 which is well below the cost of other systems with an electronic advance feature. You could use other coils, such as MikesXS 17-6822 @ $37.50 for a total system price of $227.50.

If you have a '80 to '83 model, you will still need the advance rod and bushings @ $53.50 but you could use the stock coil for a total of $189.95 + $53.50 = $243.45. With the 17-6822 coil, it would be $243.45 + $37.50 = $280.95.

The original PAMCO is still available for the same price.

Hi Pete,

I was looking at your page (http://www.yamahaxs650.com/) and had a question.
I was looking to get you ignition with the electronic advance for $189.95.
The text under the item lists the parts I would need to mount this to my 1982. One of the items listed is the auto advance part#14-0652 from MikesXS.
I thought I did not need the advance plate with your electronic advance module? Do I still need the breaker plate screws and locating pin also?

Thanks,

rubes

Hi Pete,

I was looking at your page (http://www.yamahaxs650.com/) and had a question.
I was looking to get you ignition with the electronic advance for $189.95.
The text under the item lists the parts I would need to mount this to my 1982. One of the items listed is the auto advance part#14-0652 from MikesXS.
I thought I did not need the advance plate with your electronic advance module? Do I still need the breaker plate screws and locating pin also?

Thanks,

rubes

Thanks for the heads up. I corrected that error. (Copy and paste! :doh:) You do not need the mechanical advancer for a '80 to '83 model, but you still need an extra locating pin which is used with the "dummy" replacement for the mechanical advancer. The screws are optional if you already have them, but I recommend the kit because it also includes the needed washers.

Mailman just dropped a fresh E-Advancer in my grubby hands! WooHoo! Man, I do love new bike bits, especially ones from Pete. Thanks again!

Back