PAMCO Electronic advance

Well, just a few more "fulfillment" issues and I will be ready to take orders. I added a slight retard below 100 RPM today for easier starts. The timing is now at TDC at and below 100 RPM. I also added what I call an automatic kill switch so the coils will not be energized until one revolution of the crank. This to prevent coil burnout and to make kick starting less hazardous.

you're a perfectionist Pete !:D

sounds like a really well designed and thought out solution. well done . :thumbsup:

Pete Order sent to your website email address. Will paypal when I have the total with shipping.

This such a good thing.
Thanks Pete.
I will be putting that on.
The pamco is good. now it will be better. Wow!
Where are You installing that board?

So I'd like to order but I am a little confused.
I have a bone stock 81. What exactly do I need in order to convert my tci unit to your system?

Right now, you will need a standard PAMCO, advance rod and three bushings as well as the new advancer. In a week or so, I will be releasing a new PAMCO that is made to work with the new advancer without the duplication of parts to reduce the overall cost of a complete system. I don't have all the particulars right now, but here is a pic of the new PAMCO designed to work with the new advancer:

newsensor.jpg

Notice the lack of parts compared to the standard PAMCO. That will reduce the overall cost for a complete system for new installations

pamcopete, Thanks for the time you've put into this unit. Hell man, when do you sleep?!:laugh: When the funds come in you'll be getting my order sir.

Would love to get one but will wait to see how it does with everyone else. But I'm sure it will be great. Can't wait together this with Hugh's Pam kit

Just to clarify so I don't get confused, i have a 83 xs and if I wait to get the new pamco that's works with the new advancer then I don't need the mechanical advancer, rod, and bushings? Am getting this correct?

Ordered. Should have asked earlier, but do you envisage any issues with our fuel on this side of the pond? I don't expect so but figured I should ask. I'll let you know how it goes anyway I guess!

Just to clarify so I don't get confused, i have a 83 xs and if I wait to get the new pamco that's works with the new advancer then I don't need the mechanical advancer, rod, and bushings? Am getting this correct?

You will still need the advancer rod and bushings but not the advancer itself.

So I'd like to order but I am a little confused.
I have a bone stock 81. What exactly do I need in order to convert my tci unit to your system?

My question as well... And why?

My donor bike for my project was evidently a solid running bike before getting torn down. It's an '83 tci bike... Is it just a matter of time before that system goes?

Is performance really an issue with the factory TCI unit? I don't mind dropping a few hundred on fuel and ignition to make my bike solid and reliable. But i am not really into buying schtuff i don't need. I am going to be doing a hard tail and wiring from scratch. So minimum wiring is important. Perhaps reduced wiring is the selling point for me...

I am only a couple of weeks into having a basket case XS650... Haven't caught up on all of the essential reading yet. :)

Your bike is thirty years old and finding new parts for ignition system is imposible. I am not into performance but reliability. Yamaha's coils were junk from the beginning.
If you wish, run your original until it goes out. I run an electronic after market ignition and G.M. coil and love it.

My question as well... And why?

My donor bike for my project was evidently a solid running bike before getting torn down. It's an '83 tci bike... Is it just a matter of time before that system goes?

Is performance really an issue with the factory TCI unit? I don't mind dropping a few hundred on fuel and ignition to make my bike solid and reliable. But i am not really into buying schtuff i don't need. I am going to be doing a hard tail and wiring from scratch. So minimum wiring is important. Perhaps reduced wiring is the selling point for me...

I am only a couple of weeks into having a basket case XS650... Haven't caught up on all of the essential reading yet. :)

The factory TCI is a great system. I also think that the OEM coil is great as well. The problem is the system is 40 years old and it is just a matter of time before it quits. But, if you are happy with it and it's working OK, then don't worry about it.

Right now, you will need a standard PAMCO, advance rod and three bushings as well as the new advancer. In a week or so, I will be releasing a new PAMCO that is made to work with the new advancer without the duplication of parts to reduce the overall cost of a complete system. I don't have all the particulars right now, but here is a pic of the new PAMCO designed to work with the new advancer:

newsensor.jpg

Notice the lack of parts compared to the standard PAMCO. That will reduce the overall cost for a complete system for new installations

I'm definitely interested in the new PAMCO kit. Do you have an idea what the cost of that will be? What else do I need to work with a '78 stock? Is shipping to Canada OK?
Keep us updated. Thank you.:thumbsup:

Back