PAMCO Ignition System

my bike finally runs now after having it for a few months. Thanks pamcopete for answering my questions! and anyone who gave me input.

Now I have to go in and read my carb guide like the holy grail.

sundie,

Beer allows you to transition through the "zone of truth". Your mind is all confused when you are sober. Prejudice, lack of confidence and ennui rule the sober mind.

As you consume beer, one after the other, you pass through the "zone of truth" where all mysteries are solved, all women are hot, and the skies are not cloudy all day.

You do your most imaginative work while in the zone of truth, but it is short lived, because the zone requires a continuous flow of beer to keep the lamps aglow, which soon dim as the flow of beer drowns the flame of truth and beauty and all becomes blurry and uncertain, just as it is when you are sober.

So, be prepared...take notes and have lots of witnesses as you move rapidly through the zone, because it's truth is fleeting, and the fall is steep, and all those hot women will soon cool down, and the empties will rattle around the floor reminding you that the truth is a transient...

I heard that PAMCO Pete knew electronic ignitions, but HEY....he is a philoso:Dpher, too!!

Many have come to the guru on the mount to learn of plus and minus, battery and ground, spark and no spark and after learning these trivial facts, they return to learn of a more profound life of truth and beauty...and they are not disapointed...:thumbsup:

Ride. Enjoy. Life is simple....:bike:

DanDan,

You gotta read the whole blurb about those plug wires:

VIISC 7mm ignition spark plug wire is 40" in length with two 90 degree clean and handsome quality rajah plug connectors. This handsome plug wire is translucent ruby red silicone to the tinned copper conductor core and comes with 2 rubber boots and high tension terminal connectors so you can slice up your wire and make custom sizes. These can be installed on a magneto or coil set-up but no electronic ignitions. Made in The USA. All wire sets also include a Silk-Screened Premium Vinyl Sticker.

Have purchased the PAMCO kit and there is no schematic to show which Wires are which that go to the coil from the PAMCO electronics ( On the left side of the cam set up). One is Red, one is Green and the other is Black. So if anyone can give me a pointer as to which goes where I would appreciate it..

Have purchased the PAMCO kit and there is no schematic to show which Wires are which that go to the coil from the PAMCO electronics ( On the left side of the cam set up). One is Red, one is Green and the other is Black. So if anyone can give me a pointer as to which goes where I would appreciate it..

The installation instructions are on the web site www.yamahaxs650.com

The installation instructions are on the web site www.yamahaxs650.com

Pete,

After a long time lurking around/reading up, I've decided to upgrade my '79 650 Special and go with a PMA/Elec Ignition setup.

I'm pretty well set on Hugh's PMA, and am planning on getting your EI setup (PAMCO Hall Effect Ignition System).

My question is, where's the best place for me to purchase the kit? I see on your site it's listed as $98.95, basically the same as MikesXS has it. I saw that Mikes already offers a setup that includes the coil I need to purchase...but, I buy a lot through Mikes. I'd like for you to get as much of my $100 as possible, so does it work just as well for me to order through your site?

Looking forward to worry-free rides.

Derek2k3,

You are better off ordering from MikesXS because I do not offer the complete kits with the coils, wire etc.
Thanks,
Pete

Pete,

if i already have one of your systems awaiting intall for a normal motor but i decide to go with a rephase before installation, would you consider a swap if i pay for the shipping?? thanks.

What spark plugs,brand,heat range and gap are recommended for this ignition set up?

That would depend on which coil you choose and model bike you have.

For the 1973 to 1983 models

Stock coil: NGK BP7ES .028
17-6822: NGK BP7ES .028
17-6903: Autolite #63 .035 or NGK BPR7EIX .035

Pete,

if i already have one of your systems awaiting intall for a normal motor but i decide to go with a rephase before installation, would you consider a swap if i pay for the shipping?? thanks.

Well, I do not accept returns other than for warranty service. I would suggest that you go ahead and buy the 277 system and sell the standard PAMCO either on this site or EBay. I have seen PAMCO'S on EBay selling for more than I sell them for.

The Regulator you get with the complete Pamco Kit from Mike's XS . Does the red wire go to the Battery and the green goes to ground?

Back