PAMCO or Coil Failure?

Jerm

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
I have a stock 1972 XS2. Run an AGM battery. Installed a PAMCO w/ E Advance last summer. Ultimate coil. Bike has started first kick ever since. Yesterday I kicked it over and it started right up, but I quicklyly realized it was only running on one cylinder. I shut it down immediately. I looked down and the left spark plug wire was not attached to the spark plug. Either a pesky neighborhood kid pulled it off or I managed to do it when dismounting after the last ride. Put it back on and now the bike will not start. I have no spark to either plug. Checked the coil and have 2.3 ohms between primaries (this is after subtracting the .6 reading I get between the multimeter leads). 15.6 between plug wires on 20K with caps removed. Infinity between primary and core. Coil seems to be good. I have full battery voltage to the coil, but i am only showing 2 volts on the red wire coming out of the e advance box headed to the PAMCO. Shouldn't I have full battery voltage headed to the Pamco sensor from the e advance? I reached out to Pete and he stated that running the bike with one plug wire detached would not hurt this coil or the Pamco unit, but did not have any additional input. Any thoughts?

I responded to your email on this, been offline, busy with the boat and a little fishing.
Everything sounds ok, but the 15.6, what was the scale. ohms, K ohms?
Leo

Yes, Kilo Ohms. Responded to your PM. Thanks for the response. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Back