Peoria ?

Phil and I are riding down, staying at Americinn Fri Sat.

PMC-2018-TT-poster-719x1024.jpeg

Going to Peoria! been on my bucket list for a LONG time.

tell Cafe' Phil we need his wife's spud salad.. she makes the best spudy salad ever...
Mark Tomlinson and I are mosey'n down start'n Thursday..along the river.... overnight somewhere... get to the gig early Friday.. same Amer/Inn.... Have'n been down there for many years.. miss the sweet corn !

I did the gig for many years.. with the 650 Society..... great races....back then lot's of old twins and fake Harley's.. said Harley on the tank and the race results for magazine publication.. but it said RoTax on the engine.
Parade for the bikers.. downtown bands,, vendors. We stay'd at the Super 8 west Peoria.. we heard the crazy was at the Super 8 in east Peoria.. so we ck'd it out... burn offs in the park'n lot.. top less chicks on the back of bikes... seems we ck'n into the wrong motel.

Yeah! Just look at that, Dick Mann and Gary Nixon going head to head! Wow I would’ve loved to see that!
Gary Nixon was MY guy back in the 70’s. Kenny Roberts was easy to love because he just dominated everything. But Nixon was always in the mix, he was the scrapper. Always fighting his way back from crash related injuries. He was one of the GREATS in the 70’s. Back when factory racers competed in all kinds of races from dirt track to road racing . Nixon is the MAN!
499FC045-080A-492C-9FD1-E6F9D93D5A35.jpeg
EA1691F4-4EC7-45CB-9878-80A4B36AD6E8.jpeg
211697C0-21BF-4AB7-9C20-CD02F7A8561B.jpeg

Last edited:
There was an epic nixon tale of the LAST time the Brits were competitive at Daytona. Cycle world maybe.

Back