Photochop request...

Pennies Earned

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm doing a partial restoration of a 1975 xs650b. I don't exactly care that everything is 100% original as this bike is being built for me. I've come to the realization that I'm just not a fan of the star black that was available in 1975. I am, however, a fan of the teal color of the xs1. I would like to keep the original look by sticking with the original decals but would like to paint everything that was star black the xs1 teal color. Can anyone here do a photochop for me using the teal color with the '75 graphics? Thanks in advance, I dont have a very good imagination. Also, just for the record, the beautiful xs below is not mine and is used for photochop purposes. If mine was that clean I would leave it.

-Pennies Earned

Cherry_002.jpg

480_DSC02322.JPG

Well Pennies. Firstly welcome to the board.

The "photochop" would take considerable amount of time if it were to look right. However. You can look at a teal one on the main page of the site on the bottom. xs650.com

Yeah plus it's hard to change the hues and things on a black tank, sidecovers, headlight, and ears because you don't have the brightness to play with. Too bad it wasn't a brighter color because then it would be a lot easier to do.

Yeah I've seen full photos of the xs1 before. I guess what I'm trying to do is use the xs1 color but I also don't want to make my xs650b into a wanna be xs1 which it clearly is not. Guess I'm just trying justify my decision to go with the xs1 color.

I like this one done in red

Attachments

• xs 650b red.jpg
    xs 650b red.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 529
Last edited:
I THINK there is / was a B that was orange with a black stripe....well not a B model I guess but here is a couple of pics that I dig.
tx1adownunder.jpg

xs2import.jpg

skull, that red picture is exactly what I needed!

xs650bteal.jpg

I didn't do the headlight bucket and ears because they were black on the original picture I used and it's hard to get color from black.

- i always liked that 0052 candy orange...works better for me tho on the XS2 rather than the TX...the 0064 candy green looks good on the 650B

Damn good work Travis. Thanks, that officially sealed the deal for me. Parts are gonna go into powdercoat in a week or so. inxs- is 0064 the powder coat code for the xs1 candy green/teal color?

Last edited:
- its the yamaha XS650 paint code-not the recipe-these arent available, and need to be done manually with a spectrometer

XS650 paint codes...not recipes

BFB....00J3...Bountiful Blue
BG.....00H9...Black Gold
BLR....002J...Black Red
BR.....0063...Brilliant Red
BRw...0063...Brilliant Red/White
BRb....0063...Brilliant Red/Black
CBL....002E...Cobalt Blue
CBW...00N1..Cinnamon Brown
CDR....004H..Cardinal Red
CG.....0064...Candy Green
CMR...00E9...Carmine Red
CO.....0052...Candy Orange
CSL....0020...Crystal Silver
FBL....00G3...French Blue
FRS....009G...Frost Silver
LGM...008J....Legato Maroon
MFB...00F5....Metallic Flake Blue
MAM..00W2...Macho Maroon
MM....00U8... Maxi Maroon
NMB...00J9....New Midnight Blue
NYB...006G....New Yamaha Black
NRR...007J.....New Ruby Red
PYG...0011....Pearl Yellow Gold
SAB...00R7....Star Black
SBM...00E4...Spanish Burgundy Metallic
SGM...00T4...Spruce Green Metallic
SLD....00Y1...Sapphire Blue
VB.....00H7...Vintage Burgundy
VGE...00K2....Vegas Green
YB.....0033....Yamaha Black

Pennies Earned, you're probably going to want to have it painted and not powder coated to get a really smooth and nice finish on the tank, sidecovers, and headlight ears and bucket. I'm pretty sure it's hard for them to get a super smooth and consistent finish with powder coating but I could be wrong. Plus I don't think they can really color match with powder coating like they can with liquid paint.

Travis
Thats some serious good work :thumbsup:
what software are you using & is it easy to do or are you a bit of a graphics guru?

:bow2::bow2:

Back