picking up new bike in the a.m.

beanbag

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
I'm picking up a xs650 heritage special tomorrow. I'm building it for my brother. I've got him sending me ideas of what he likes. He's wanting a hardtail bobber.

There's a reason he is not building it? Or is it a surprize for him...

Um yea... Let's see what could or should I say. Ok. I'm an accomplished jackass that likes to impress others on an Internet forum. I have decided to join this forum because it will represent my brothers' bike choice. My brother lives out of state. I've asked him to send ideas of what he likes. Ive found a shop that will install a hardtail kit just north of me. Wiseguy choppers- is it ok to plug a shop here? The bikes in my profile pics are bikes I've owned and did all the work to.
I know my first posting may be weak. I wasn't aware of a standard set by other posts I've read. Let's get that out of the way.

Well, welcome aboard Bean, we're all jackasses from time to time ( 'cept maybe retiredgentleman, 'cause he's a gentleman) so you're in good company.
Visuals are good for the simple minded so keep us entertained with some pics if you would. I hate to see a good, clean bike go under the knife, though I'm not a total purist, and it's always possible that those no longer needed parts'll wind up in the classified section for redistribution.......hint.

Good luck with your project....the XS is a really simple bike, and I know I have enjoyed building mine, it has kept me from being Jack Nicholson in the "Shining" this winter....when is the f#$kin' snow going to leave anyway?

Oh, and welcome..
Tom

Back