pipes turn blue

kbtoy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi is there anything that you can put on the inside of a new set of aftermarket exhaust.That will keep the header pipes from turn blue? Thanks

Yes 650 central has , Blue kreem, its a coating u put inside the pipes, ive read use it liberaly, and itbdoes work.
I have no personal expeirience w it, i wud consider other statements on the matter.

Posted via Mobile

Last edited:
Unless they are constructed like the originals, with and inner exhaust wrapped with a chrome outer pipe, you are wasting your time.

Exhaust temps are very high and will blue pipes quite easily.

Aw, come on, Brian and jd, you guys are just no fun at all! The OP can always jet those carbs so fat that proper combustion temperature never occurs! He'll carbon up the top end and fuel scour the cylinders and the motor will run like crap, but the pipes won't blue--maybe....

I used that Blue Kreem years ago on a Kawi KZ1000 build. It was supposed to be ceramic, or porcelain. Ahhhh, save your cash

Last edited:
Hi is there anything that you can put on the inside of a new set of aftermarket exhaust.That will keep the header pipes from turn blue? Thanks

Hi 'toy,
there's ceramic pipe lining compounds that are supposed to do that, but why give up the color-tune?
Mauve/blue/dark tan/light tan/straw/light straw oxide layer "rainbow" going to clear chrome half way along the downcomer on thinwall chromed headers shows perfect carb tuning.
Don't work on stainless steel pipes, they just go a bit yellow; or on those heavy wall pipes from MikesXS, they go straight to brown.

Back