pirelli mt66 140/90/16

I had a 140 wide tire on a swing arm frame and it rubbed a bit on both sides. That was a Dunlop, the Pirelli might go but I doubt it.
Leo

I had a 140 wide tire on a swing arm frame and it rubbed a bit on both sides. That was a Dunlop, the Pirelli might go but I doubt it.
Leo

I know there is a different in tyres, a have a pirelli mt66 130/90/16 on it and have a 1 cm space on both sides.

Have to change the tyre and I really like the pirelli, but if I can I want to go wider!!

greetzz t.t

The Dunlop (140) is 5.89 inches wide. Can't find numbers on the Pirelli, but I doubt it would be any smaller. Is there a good reason you want to run a tire that will probably weigh a good 2 pounds more than stock?

the stock size Dunlop is 5.19 inches wide.

The nominal tire is 5mm wider on both sides, but all tires inflate differently. A wider tire just for looks? There is no handling advantage.

If you have 1CM each side, and the Dunlop 140 is .7 inches wider than the 130, The pirelli is likely to rub, just as the 140 Dunlop did.

The nominal tire is 5mm wider on both sides, but all tires inflate differently. A wider tire just for looks? There is no handling advantage.

If you have 1CM each side, and the Dunlop 140 is .7 inches wider than the 130, The pirelli is likely to rub, just as the 140 Dunlop did.

Yep,just for the looks, but if its gonna rub I stay with the 130!

Back