Please help me buy from Mikes

no problem man. Carbon has proven to be more than just helpful via text multiple times. Its nice to see this type of dedication on this forum. Really is a cool place on here.

True scooter people are always willing to help a brother out. :thumbsup:

I had the same issue man, not sure if there are any mailboxes out there that you can drive to the border pick it up and drive back. I had to do this when I placed my order since they never stock up on the Canadian site.

I just ran into this as well. What an absolute pain in the ass. I even have an american shipping address but they won't sell to me because my billing address (which must match that of my credit card) is in Canada. xs650direct doesn't have what I need either. I'm looking for mikesxs part number 14-0905 which is a PAMCO system. Aargh!

lj,

I ordered some parts from Mike's this past spring (xs650direct was out of stock) and also used an American shipping address. Everything went through no problem. Only difference is that I paid with PayPal and not a credit card. Have you tried that?

resto

Good call. I was using PayPal but my credit card via PayPal. I'll just add money to the Paypal account and try that. Unfortunately I think I have to validate it first but if ordering this way works that'll be great. Thanks!

Something else you might want to check is that your paypal profile has the american shipping address in the list.

If that don't work for You let me know.
I will help you get what You need.

great, thank you. I may have to take you up on that.

I went to add funds to my paypal account but I guess I've never done that before so it takes several business days for this process before I can add funds to pay without using my visa. Once that goes through I'll try making my purchase and report back. Thanks everyone for the help.

silly question, if I wanted to order from yamahaxs650 where do I go to purchase a certain item? Do you email them or what's the procedure?
I looked at the site trying to find a link to buy something, nothing

silly question, if I wanted to order from yamahaxs650 where do I go to purchase a certain item? Do you email them or what's the procedure?
I looked at the site trying to find a link to buy something, nothing

There are 3 buy it now buttons on the page.
One for the original a little ways from the top on the right.
One for the 60 degree rotor e-advance system towards the bottom on the left.
And one for the complete e-advance system in the middle towards the top.

I think this site has the same kit I'm looking for minus the coil. Pete can I place this order through you? Do you have coils in stock too?

You can order the Pamco ignition. He doesn't do caps, wire or coils.
There are several threads concerning coil options.
Wire can be obtained from any well stock auto parts store. Ask about bulk or roll wire it is cheaper
Caps can be ordered from almost any motorcycle shop, except a Harley dealership.

I ran it by my buddy who's a bit of an ebay/paypal guru and he managed to buy it for me and ship it to the us mail box for me. He said that he was able to enter the american shipping address (which i was able to as well) but I think he was paying with funds from his paypal account instead of his visa via paypal? anyway whatever he did apparently it worked so we'll see when the stuff shows up.

thanks everyone for the help.

Back