please help with ignition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't have the cash flow for a front brake, plus, I think it looks way better without one. Yes, I know, it's not as safe, but this is just a bar hopper, nothing really long distance. Here are some pics of the heap....

FxCam_1284418453468.jpg
FxCam_1284418466133.jpg
FxCam_1284595889193(2).jpg
FxCam_1284595933007(2).jpg
FxCam_1284418498798.jpg

Ahh yes. I have seen that one on CL. Want a little more for it than it's worth. Especially if it doesn't run man.

I don't care if you run a front brake or not. That's up to you. I am just curious of your choice to run a starter and solenoid and not run a front brake. Pull that starter out, block it off with a freeze plug ($1) and sell that starter off. Take off the key and sell that on ebay, too. Then go to a much more simplified wiring diagram.

That simplifies the wiring a bit.

So I just drew this up, it would be a system with a key to get power to everything (key so no one steals my bike). I would be running only a kick start, no electric starter. Is this right?

wostarter.jpg

Just FYI, from what I understand the best way for someone to steal it is for a couple of guys with pipes pick it up and throw it in the back of a truck or van.

Well yeah, haha... But in Valley Park there are some sketchy meth heads, I don't wanna risk just having a switch that gives power to the bike then off it goes.

dcoffman, that diagram you drew up is NOT right. You are grounding out your ignition (Br) wire that way. Let me work on the one you drew and get it right. Or, just use the one BigJimmy posted.

Sweet.... Thanks, I'm gonna re-wire everything that way and save up for the PMA and pamco ignition.

oh, one other thing. Would I be able to get a universal coil with two leads (such as an MSD) and use that in place of the stock coil? I just didn't know if it was possible

Rather than going with what you told me to earlier, to save money I could buy that and the reg/rec and the ignition unit from the shop around my house and cross my fingers? And use the diagram that you posted? (the larger one)

What reg/rec and ignition unit are they trying to sell you?

Also why don't you try wiring it up first and find out if you need a new reg/rect or coil.....?

They are used, pins and connectors look good. Honestly I would rather buy a new reg/rec and a new ignition unit, but I can't find a new ignition unit anywhere... Unfortunately I don't have a job right now, or else I would just buy the pamco and do the pma. Limited funds are a nightmare when you have something like this....

Back