pma electrical ?

payaso13

1978xs650
Reaction score
Ok so I have ordered a PMA from Hugh its on the way...I have pamco already installed also...but as for the new reg/rec it has positive to go to battery and ground I was gonna put it at ground on frame where battery ground goes. Should I put any kind of fuse on that positive from battery to reg/rec and if so what size? Also I think as far as the pics on hughs blog for PMA install the reg/rec has a plug harness on it already....what if I found a matching harness to plug into it and on the other end of wires I put connections for the battery +/-....is that doing to much..lol .should I just run + to battery and ground to frame ground. Keep it simple:)

The positive from the reg/rec should go straight to the positive of the battery, Then run a wire from the positive of the battery to a fuse to power everything else.
Leo

Always put a fuse after the battery! Then everything else. Battery -> main fuse (20Amps?) -> everything else. You do not want the battery to short circuit if the reg/rec or the wiring fails!

Pekka

Ok thanks guys Im gonna run it to battery and then on my stock harness positive cable runs down right side cover to the 20 amp fuse so I guess that's good.

Back