PMA vs Cell Battery (maintenance free)

Lluber

Noob
Reaction score
Time to clean up the rats nest of wiring.. I'm running with a headlight tail light and horn. no blinkers or tag light. I also don't use my electric starter. Any one running a ballistic type battery or something similar?

I replaced my rotor about 9 months ago (custom rewind) have a extra set of brushes incase mine wear out im getting correct readings from my current battery when the bikes running 13volts. I noticed that the headlight does go a little dim when I'm at a idle and when I get on the gas the headlight brightens up.. I would rather not spend the money on a PMA kit and just slim down the stock wiring harness and fab up a smaller battery box and cut away the unneeded wires to clean up the area behind the carbs.

looking for pro's and con's of running a cell battery.

Thanks everyone

A wet battery will be heavier than a dry one. Laws of physics. I have the Ballstic 8cell battery and it works great. They sell smaller batteries.
Leo

nice, thanks leo.. Wanted to see if maybe the bikes stock electrical system drew to much power for one of the ballistic type batteries.

I noticed that the headlight does go a little dim when I'm at a idle and when I get on the gas the headlight brightens up..

In case this is what's prompting you, what you're seeing is normal. The bulb sees a couple more volts when you rev it up so it gets brighter. The neutral light does the same thing and you can use as a rough check before starting out that your charging is working.

Back