Pocket Rocket - Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL... I always fall for the free shiping trick too....lol

:laugh:

Photochopped my new tank on my bike. I was planning to use on my other build but kind of dig it on this bike. Only problem is, Frame is getting powdercoated :doh: What to do without messing the powder up. Anything I can use to touch up after I make new mounts?
Or maybe I should just stick with the peanut:shrug:

full

I like the tank but, I think the peanut looks better for this build.

Yeah I think your right, I don't want to EFF up the powder. I just wanted something out of the norm... Too many brat styled bikes with peanuts kept wanting me to change it.

I hear ya but, sometimes there is a reason why people use the same thing.... It just looks cool. Don't worry though, cant imagine there are many people around you who have a custom built bad ass machine like yours.

I don't think there are that many brat styles out there anyways
I think Yours might be the only brattracker I've witnessed:D.
Just go with Your guts Brother it's been working for Ya so far:thumbsup:

Thanks Fellas! I appreciate it :) Being wishy washy is costing me mucho $$. But I know if I don't mock it up one time with the new tank it'll bother me.

The good news today was that I was able to catch the powder coaters before they started powder coating. They just finished sandblasting so the owner said he will put the frame aside and bag it up for me!!

Better to try it out now than later.
I'd be interested to see what that tank would look like on there. I think it's easy to forget that what we are building here is pretty rare in most places. I'll bet I won't see another XS Hardtail in my area anytime soon and that's fine with me.

Thanks Fellas! I appreciate it :) Being wishy washy is costing me mucho $$. But I know if I don't mock it up one time with the new tank it'll bother me.

The good news today was that I was able to catch the powder coaters before they started powder coating. They just finished sandblasting so the owner said he will put the frame aside and bag it up for me!!

Good save.. Now you can check it and see which way you want to go with it.....

Again.... wish I had and knew how to use PhotoCHOP.
Looks kick ass. I agree with you, go a bit different as long as you like it its all that matters. After a while other people will start liking it too.

Lester

Again.... wish I had and knew how to use PhotoCHOP.
Looks kick ass. I agree with you, go a bit different as long as you like it its all that matters. After a while other people will start liking it too.

Lester

Thanks Lester! If I had the fab skills like you I'd build my own tank :thumbsup:

J

That tank looks sick. I am a big fan of the taller tanks that put the gas cap close to level with the triple tree. I also like the squared look of it too. I am going to run a cb160 tank on mine hoping it will have a similar look as yours does when I get it mounted.

I am also going to rock that vrod front fairing.... Im starting the think I am unconsciously copying your build :wtf:

J

That tank looks sick. I am a big fan of the taller tanks that put the gas cap close to level with the triple tree. I also like the squared look of it too. I am going to run a cb160 tank on mine hoping it will have a similar look as yours does when I get it mounted.

I am also going to rock that vrod front fairing.... Im starting the think I am unconsciously copying your build :wtf:

Right on man and thanks :)) The cb160 is a really good looking tank similar to the c200 I looking at originally but couldn't find any in decent condition. Nice score man!

Pic of c200

tank1a-1.jpg

Good idea with the gas cap I plan to replace filler bung and cap with a newer
Style. Let me know if you need any more info on the fairing. Post some pics of your build!

Yeah they are hard to find in good shape and when you do they take you for every penny you got.

I just got my fairing in the other day waiting on the headlight then Ill get it mounted and post some pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back